Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill take this chance to say hello to everyone here as this is my first time on the Overclock.net forums. I have done the most stupid thing i have ever done in my entire life. I wanted to flash my ATi Powercolour AIW 9800pro 128mb to a 9800xt ...(youve spotted it already havent you)

Well i got the ATi Powercolour 9800xt 128mb BIOS and flashed them using flashrom

As you can see my card is an All In Wonder but the BIOS i got werent an allin wonder AHH!

Luckily enough i saved my origional BIOS before flashing to a floppy disk.
Anyway when i boot with my 9800xt BIOS no outputs work such as the keyboard mouse screen..not even my ADSL filters. Which straight away told me i have just broke my Christmas present which is supposed to be under the tree (im very Impatient)

So when i put my previous card, the Ati Radeon 9000 it works perfectly and nothing happens but when i put my 9800pro in ...BLACK SCREEN

Does anyone have any idea how i can flash my BIOS on the 9800 back to the origionals which i have saved.(bear in mind when i have my 9800pro in the comp the keyboard,screen etc doesnt work)?

please someone help me..wheres your Christmas spirit

·
Registered
645 Posts
im pretty sure if u have a PCI video card, u can boot up with that and flashyour AGP.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's correct. In production environment you'll use a PCI video card to give you display, then you flash the AGP/PCIe card with bios

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatewaki

That's correct. In production environment you'll use a PCI video card to give you display, then you flash the AGP/PCIe card with bios

thanks a lot guys..i have been getting this response all day and ive been ringin every1 i know with a computer to see if they have a PCI GFX card lol

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hArtin

thanks a lot guys..i have been getting this response all day and ive been ringin every1 i know with a computer to see if they have a PCI GFX card lol

Well when you open it up (have witness's with you through the whole process) throw it in your computer. When the witness's see that it doesn't work, claim that the card is faulty and RMA it. When they deny that its the companies fault, and that you screwed up the card, just get you witness's to testify for you. *****!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Well when you open it up (have witness's with you through the whole process) throw it in your computer. When the witness's see that it doesn't work, claim that the card is faulty and RMA it. When they deny that its the companies fault, and that you screwed up the card, just get you witness's to testify for you. *****!

yeah btw what is a RMA i seen it on the website

www.microdirect.co.uk

its on there along with an RMA form but i dont understand what RMA means lol

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hArtin

yeah btw what is a RMA i seen it on the website

www.microdirect.co.uk

its on there along with an RMA form but i dont understand what RMA means lol

Truth be told, I don't have a clue. I just know it has to do with returning items. lmao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts