Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was formatting my friend's HDD and installed XP.
While I was installing XP the power cable accidentally came out [during the process of copying setup files]
all my data on my drive is somehow erased and it says it's a raw data drive
is there any way i can recovery all my stuff [really important to me]
please help

reps will be given for help

thanks

EDIT: I used GetDataBackand saw some files but couldn't recover since i need to be registered
is there any recommendations on any programs or methods i could do to recover my files?

really sorry for the hassle

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarLuzi0n
View Post

I was formatting my friend's HDD and installed XP.
While I was installing XP the power cable accidentally came out [during the process of copying setup files]

Was the drive partitioned?
Were you formatting the partition that had the files that you want to recover on it? Or another partition?

Recovering from a re-format and recovering from a corrupted drive are two different things.

The usual drill is to try every recovery program you can get your hands on and hope. Hiren's Boot CD is a good place to start. (Google is your friend)

There are places that will burn $100 bills for you until they get your data back. They are usually successful. But, if you're not using the data to make money, that's not economical.

• Rep+
Reactions: DarLuzi0n

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the drive have 3 partitions on it
i think the drive was corrupted
i was formatting another drive and had to copy files for windows xp to my drive and the comp restarted
GetDataBack was able to detect files on the drive and i was able to recover them [didn't have time for all]
i'll continue with it and see if i can recover all the files i need

billbartuska, thanks for the help
i appreciate it =]

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarLuzi0n
View Post

Spinrite will be next after i'm done with "GetDataBack"
thanks noobdown

anytime.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
try getting an external enclosure and connecting it to another computer and try recovering ur files there. easiest way, and works with laptop hard drives.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Learn from this and get a UPS.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
getdataback works flawlessly for me
-bit of a "shocker" when you first do the analysis and it shows all of your "dead" RAID data

- then when you actually try to get your data back
you have to purchase it for the actuall "restore" function to work (and it's like $70)

-talk about a "bait 'n' switch" hook jobby
"free data recovery- free download - free *.* etc. etc.

Yeah it'll analyze and show you the data fo free,
4 hours later--->
"you must purchase a full copy of getdataback to unlock the recovery mode"

But, I have used it quite a few times now---- so I feel like it was money well spent!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
If all else fails, you might want to try Drive Savers. They guarantee the highest % of data gets saved. They have some incrediable success stories too.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lokster
View Post

try getting an external enclosure and connecting it to another computer and try recovering ur files there. easiest way, and works with laptop hard drives.

External enclosure- or even a drive docking station really really help when you have to do a bit of HDD & file "juggling"!
+1 for the suggestion!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts