Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

1st of all i'm new in this forum and i've been reading some stuff about you guys overclocking you PC's and i guess by doing this you can get a better performance from your pc.
I'll be listing my little problems:

1) So now about 3 week ago i decided to change my pc and get a better one to play games onlline.
I kinda decided to go for AMD cpu and XFX 6800GS XXX edition video card, now i'm running this system for about 3 days and when i use more than 3 program running all of them at the same time i kinda see that sometimes it get stuck and i have to restart the system. What you think is the problem.

2)The video card that i got is great better than the other one that i used to have (ATI 9550 XL) now the guy that sold me this card told me that this is a good video card, but now that i'm checking the internet i dnt really wnat to have an old version card were i can only us it for a few months, i would like to have a good to be able to use for myb 1 or more.
Now the option that i have is to change it to a 7800 or overclock it.

You guys have to kinda show me step by step to how to do it bcoz i dnt have an idea to how to change specific things about Bios.
myb a link or something and the limit that i can push my CPU and video cards

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Nice system. You will be able to make ~2.5 - 2.6GHz and those 6800GS's overclock very well. I agree with the memory. However, if you are going to play games like F.E.A.R then I advise you to sell the 512mb and buy 2 X 1GB as the price for ram is low and these new games just love 2GB. It's actually amazing the difference 1GB to 2GB makes in F.E.A.R. The stuttering just stops.

R

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats great, i ask one guy about that and he told me that wasn't important.
can you guys tell me what type of ram i can buy good and afordable ones, 1gb or 2 gb AND WICH BRAND

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer03
thats great, i ask one guy about that and he told me that wasn't important.
can you guys tell me what type of ram i can buy good and afordable ones, 1gb or 2 gb AND WICH BRAND
If you want cheap, good quality ram then look at the G.Skill range. I've got the ZX for the tight timings, they also do the HZ range as well which can do 250+Mhz but at slacker timings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by erauman
Here's an overclocking guide, with screen shots of the bios to explain what to do.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...c-guide_4.html
Your videocard is fine. That's capapble of running games like bf2 on high quality settings. What you do need is more ram, another 512 stick of pc3200 will be huge improvement on normal use, and an even bigger improvement in gaming.
Well i dont want to be fine i would like it to be excelent lol
and get the best out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts