Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am minutes away from ordering my entire WC setup and need help. Do I need a relay kit for the Hydor L35... i know it saves you running a cable outside the case... but can I run a cable outside the case... meaning is there a cable included? And is that pump already 1/2"OD? just trying to save money ATM... will order relay and a rheobus in future... about rheobus... do i need one for the fans? two 120mm fans...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
RE: fan rheobus: depends on the Dba of the fans. if they're quiet, then you might not wanna get one. if they're tornadoes, then you want one so when you idle you arent blowing full speed as if you were at load...

RE: relay kit: really your preference...you can operate the pump w/o a relay.. i'm assuming that it (pump) takes a standard US 3-prong plug, correct? if it doesent, you might want to get a relay kit... but if i were you, i'd cut out a hole where a vent is and run my 3-prong plug out of that... just me, you also need to remember when you start up your comp, you needa turn the pump on, if you go sans relay kit.

Quote:


Originally Posted by setite

I am minutes away from ordering my entire WC setup and need help. Do I need a relay kit for the Hydor L35... i know it saves you running a cable outside the case... but can I run a cable outside the case... meaning is there a cable included? And is that pump already 1/2"OD? just trying to save money ATM... will order relay and a rheobus in future... about rheobus... do i need one for the fans? two 120mm fans...

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

does the pump come with a power plug? i hope it does, otherwise you got ripped off...

Yes, it does, and yes it does have 1/2'' fittings. You should be just fine.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: GT!

·
Banned
Joined
·
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lando95

Yes, it does, and yes it does have 1/2'' fittings. You should be just fine.

thank you for the quick replys. not quick enough but thats ok. I will be getting a relay and rheobus along with another stick of ram and another hard drive to match the two i just bought... im updating my sig as soon as i post this with what my new setup will be
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by setite

thank you for the quick replys. not quick enough but thats ok. I will be getting a relay and rheobus along with another stick of ram and another hard drive to match the two i just bought... im updating my sig as soon as i post this with what my new setup will be

duude, i posted like 4 minutes after you started the thread...is that fast enough?
but yea you might want teh relay, it's a great thing to have....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

duude, i posted like 4 minutes after you started the thread...is that fast enough?
but yea you might want teh relay, it's a great thing to have....


yea i agree... but for the time being it was about the cheapest way to get started... i also have yet to order the waterchiller i plan to add... i imagine that will be in a months time
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by setite

yea i agree... but for the time being it was about the cheapest way to get started... i also have yet to order the waterchiller i plan to add... i imagine that will be in a months time

what kind of chiller you talking about?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top