Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I jz bought all my parts in today and am assembling it in. So far i put my HX1000 at the bottom of my casing, plugged in the 24 pin and 8 in onto the mother board, connected 2 PCI-E connecters to my GTX260.

The problems now is that for the connecteds for Power switch, reset switch, hard drive activity LED, how do i tell which is + and which is -, from what i noticed is that all the above have got a white wire and a wire of another colour, and from the Power LED's look, it seems that white is negative, but am i able to make this assumption? or it doesn't matter how i connect it positive and negative for power switch, reset switch and HDD LED?

other than that i see a HD audio connecter similar to the USB connecters but with a empty pin on the top row 2nd from left, am i to connect that to the F_AUDIO socket on the UD3P?

Help is much appretiated. And about processor and the heat spreader, how do i apply it on the Q9650? a straight line on the middle or a big blob in the middle and squash it with the CPU fan? (going WC later)

Thanks in advance,
Thompson

+rep for help given ^^

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
i would use the wire that is the same color on ur leds as th negative. like said above wont hurt anything if its wrong. hd audio is basically front inputs so yes its f audio. also make sure u use a rice sized blob of thermal paste and smash it with ur cooler. should be a nice system when its all up and running. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts