Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I haven't been up to date with computer parts for about a year now. I was wondering you could recommend me a motherboard & video card. I don't really plan on going crossfire or sli.

I'm just looking for a decent motherboard / video card.

I was thinking of either the 4850 or 4870 if i go ati, but i dont know my nvidia alternative if i do go that route.
&
I have no idea how motherboards are going. i prefer not to get asus or dfi. just a simple motherboard that can suit my needs.
UNLESS you can persuade me otherwise.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
well a p45 or x38 will serve u well ,a have a DFI and i can tell u is abit complicated to overclock but is a great mobo ,but i think u can go with avga,msi and xfx with the dual life time warranty

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard that there were upcoming price drops on the ati & nvidia cards. Would it be worth it to wait for it? I'm planning on sticking with ati and would be getting a 4870 sometime soon.

Any other advice for a motherboard?
Would x38 or x48 be worth going even tho I don't plan on going crossfire ?

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of those gigabytes which would be a better buy? & would there be a different gigabyte board to recommend? I really don't plan on buying another board from asus.

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
If it was me id get the GA EP45 UD3P. It has one extra LAN-port, 2 PCI-E x16 slots(if you wanna crossfire sometime) and TMP encryption.
And because it pwns competition in every review ive seen this far.
Im gonna get some UD3P for a christmas present to myself. I want that mobo.

And its an OCing beast compared to the pricerange its in.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimosabi
View Post

If it was me id get the GA EP45 UD3P. It has one extra LAN-port, 2 PCI-E x16 slots(if you wanna crossfire sometime) and TMP encryption.
And because it pwns competition in every review ive seen this far.
Im gonna get some UD3P for a christmas present to myself. I want that mobo.

And its an OCing beast compared to the pricerange its in.

There you go. I would also wait to upgrade, but then again I always say that. Just wait for a good deal. Black Friday, Christmas sales, who knows whats going to pop up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts