Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help installing this mod for crysis. I'm not savvy at all about moving files around and the instructions they gave are not clear. Can anyone give me step by step help to install this. I have patched to 1.21 and unzipped the mod folder to desktop but dont really know what to do next.

"Installation

Requirements
Crysis installed and patched to 1.21
Directions
Upon downloading the mod you should have an archived directory.
This directory should be extracted to your Crysis install Directory which usually looks like “C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Crytek\\Crysisâ€
Replacing Action-Maps
For MWLL to function properly we have adjusted an created an actionmap for players to begin with.
You MUST replace your Crysis Action maps.
To do this, copy the file “example_actionmaps_for_joystick.xmlâ€
Paste this file your Crysis profile contained in

mydocuments\\mygames\\Crysis\\default\\
mydocuments\\mygames\\Crysis\\YOURUSERNAME\\

The file must be renamed to actionmaps.xml

Launching the game
You may launch the game using the MWLL Laucher
MWLL Launcher.exe is contained in Crysis\\Mods\\mwll folder
Alternatively you can add a â€"mod mwll in the target of a shortcut to the crysis executables. It will look like this “"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Crytek\\Crysis\\Bin64\\Crysis.exe" -mod mwllâ€

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
In the .rar file that you downloaded should be a folder called "Mods".

You simply drag this folder into your Crysis install directory: C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Crytek\\Crysis.

Then you navigate into the folder > mwll > MWLL Launcher.exe.

And you're done!

Ah yes, you have to copy that actionmaps.xml file to your My Games folder: C:\\Users\\Samuel\\Documents\\My Games\\Crysis\\Profiles\\default

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm attempting to install MWLL. The OP has pasted the directions given by the website for successful installation, but I haven't been able to do it. Crysis just closes after I launch MWLL. I have downloaded the 3.2 patch and update. When I originally download version 3.0, there is no .rar file because it doesn't download in that format, its a torrent from MTX (their download source). I am competely flummoxed and have been attempting this unsuccessfully for days. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.