Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a matx msi x58 board this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...i%20matx%20x58
So this board has given me nothing but trouble while trying to overclock and the only thing i can say about this board is that it has an easy overclock feature with 3 switches and that is why i am able to hit 3.6. which is fine i dont mind staying there. but there is one big flaw and that is the voltages for the cpu jump up and down from 1.28 to 1.34 what i would like to know is how to lock these voltages through the bios. but before u tell me just to set the voltage this board has a +x.xx and a -x.xx for voltage control. so this is a problem because the voltage always changes when i get into bios and wont stay locked on a specific voltage.

pls and ty

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
change the acutal voltage, not the dvid options. IDK about your board but i dont use the 3 buttons on my gigabyte. I got in and manually set the votlages. On my board if you set it to normal, it will give you the dvid +/- options, those optios say how much the voltage can go up or down under load and other processor needs, its good for a low oc when you dont want to change your stock voltage and just want to give it a little bump when needed. Otherwise look up in your mobo manual how to set the vcore, and forget about the +/- dvid controls.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
change the acutal voltage, not the dvid options. IDK about your board but i dont use the 3 buttons on my gigabyte. I got in and manually set the votlages. On my board if you set it to normal, it will give you the dvid +/- options, those optios say how much the voltage can go up or down under load and other processor needs, its good for a low oc when you dont want to change your stock voltage and just want to give it a little bump when needed. Otherwise look up in your mobo manual how to set the vcore, and forget about the +/- dvid controls.
k thx ill look it up but i was all over that bios and didnt see a way to manually set the vcore but ill give it a shot

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
dude i just looked up your bios menu in your motherboard manual, i downloaded. You need to goto page 18 of that pdf. You need to not use those switches, on a side note i have never seen such an odd design, anyways under cell menu, you can manually set you clocks and votlages, you need to change your cpu vcore from auto to somthing else. You have the ability to change everything on your motherboard. have you not found this cell menu yet? once you get into cell menu you can follow a template. Also dont expect to go over like 200blck, your motherboard is small and lacks in power supply, only 6 cpu phases, but at least you have the control. fyi if your voltages are fluctuating you need to enable load line calibration.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
dude i just looked up your bios menu in your motherboard manual, i downloaded. You need to goto page 18 of that pdf. You need to not use those switches, on a side note i have never seen such an odd design, anyways under cell menu, you can manually set you clocks and votlages, you need to change your cpu vcore from auto to somthing else. You have the ability to change everything on your motherboard. have you not found this cell menu yet? once you get into cell menu you can follow a template. Also dont expect to go over like 200blck, your motherboard is small and lacks in power supply, only 6 cpu phases, but at least you have the control. fyi if your voltages are fluctuating you need to enable load line calibration.
Alright thx for the advice ill let u know what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts