Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a raidmax tornado case, and i'm planning to paint the front black,
what kind of sandpaper do i need (type of grit). also for the spray paint
what kind of spray do i need to keep from the color chipping away.
and any tips spray painting the color on the inside too?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Is the front not plastic? You don't have to sand anything, some people do, I personaly don't, just put around 2 coats of primer let it dry and put around 2 coats of your desired colour.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dont recomend sanding plastic, just do 2 or 3 coats of a good primer that can be used in plastics (this is especialy important, dont want to use a primer that damage the plastic) and then aply your color.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmenianLegend View Post
Is the front not plastic? You don't have to sand anything, some people do, I personaly don't, just put around 2 coats of primer let it dry and put around 2 coats of your desired colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khelbenpt View Post
I dont recomend sanding plastic, just do 2 or 3 coats of a good primer that can be used in plastics (this is especialy important, dont want to use a primer that damage the plastic) and then aply your color.
Wt f?

If I where you I would sand the platic lightly. Use grid 400 or so. Then spray a good later of primer on. Then sand it down again with 400 or so. Then spray on the color.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by /Ben View Post
Wt f?

If I where you I would sand the platic lightly. Use grid 400 or so. Then spray a good later of primer on. Then sand it down again with 400 or so. Then spray on the color.
Not my itention to step on anyone toes, sorry about that, must have not read it corectly, really though i was adding something worty

·
Registered
44 Posts
Basicaly it preps the surface making the paint "sticks" to it better and in the case of plastic issolate it from the paint making it possible to use paints that you normaly couldnt use with plastic.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so primer, then paint then clear coat. sounds simple enough.
do i have to have a specific color of primer?

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newbile View Post
ok so primer, then paint then clear coat. sounds simple enough.
do i have to have a specific color of primer?
No

·
Premium Member
9,500 Posts
primer color affects topcoat color, bear that in mind when top coating in colors like reds. yellows, greens, blues etc

I tend to use grey Krylon primer as its somewhat "neutral" compared to white or black primers in how it affects topcoat colors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts