Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

as you can see i got one on top. need to mount the second one on the back where the 120 is. how would you guys go about mounting it??

why 2x480mm rads??

SR2 with 3xGTX 480 in sli and 2x 5680's

thanks for any help guys.

·
Village Idiot
2,394 Posts
Swiftech radbox

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
4,799 Posts

·
Village Idiot
2,394 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
Nobody ever reps me though

Welcome to my world...

That Koolance thing is gaudy. Should have made it black.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already had that koolance bracket. never thought it would hold though. decided to test it out and results were very good. i think ill go with it.

heres a pic.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Looks nice. Be careful not to let your case tip... My friend installed his 480 radiator like that, and because he almost nothing in the front of his case, the combined weight of the radiator and the water caused his case to tip backwards during filling.

I don't think this will be a problem for you because you have that large reservoir and the other radiator on top of your case. Lot's of weight to keep your case rooted to the ground.

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
4,799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post
Welcome to my world...

That Koolance thing is gaudy. Should have made it black.
can always paint it

·
Village Idiot
2,394 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RatDog View Post
Why not just buy a bigger case? Just say'n. This one is even made for the SR2 http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=29084

You could also just go for a MO-RA3 Pro. It can hang on the side of your case and should out cool a 480.
Where are you going to fit 2x 480s inside a 700D?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Corsair cases are overrated to begin with - get a Mountain Mods if you want to fit several radiators internally.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fat_italian_stallion View Post
can always paint it

I see a radiator bracket and I want to paint it black...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Build a simple radiator box/enclosure to house the 2x radiators that can screw on to the bottom of your case - something like this Mountain Mods tower pedestal:

It doesn't have to be made from sheet aluminum, you could make it out of wood (10mm MDF perhaps) and once painted it would look much better then taking on radiators to the outside of your case

1 - 14 of 14 Posts