Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently in quite a pickle. I am trying to set up a home network between my two desktop computers. I made a disk using the XP step by step way but it didnt work because it says it doesnt work on 2000. I will give you some background, 1st computer is Windows 2000 Pro and 2nd computer is Windows XP Pro. I simply want to be able to print from 2nd computer (printer is connected to 2000 pro computer) and I want to make a shard folder to back up stuff from 2nd computer. I have a wired router (D-Link DI-604). The printer in question is a hp deskjet 920c. Any help would be appreciated (prefebly step by step Embarassed ). Oh ya the broadband thing that has blincking lights is a RCA.

Sincerly,

Moxxon

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Sorry, windows 2000 is compatible with windows 2000 and nothing else. I had that very same problem and the only solution is to either downgrade to win 98SE or XP. PM me for a solution.

• Rep+
Reactions: Moxxon

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Nope wrong I have a win2k connect with xp Pro and it works at first it didn't but when i restarted the computers they are able to interact make sure both computers are in the same workgroup and go to start - run - cmd - type in net view and if both computers are there then they are networked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts