Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am having issues overclocking this cpu, I've read in alot of places where people have had great success with it. But I can't seem tog et mine any higher than 3.03ghz without the pc locking up and rebooting with no post from the board. I guess my question is what could I try to get a higher clock out of it?

My rig is:
750w EVGA SuperNOVA psu
MSI G41M-P33 Combo Motherboard
Intel 2 core duo e8400 3.0 ghz cpu
8gb of ddr3 1333mhz pny optima ram
ATI radeon sapphire HD 6970 gpu

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
98% sure it's your motherboard. I overclocked my E8400 with Asus Maximus X38 with no problems. Try a better a better and higher quality board, maybe P35 DS3L or maybe an X48 board. If you dig around a bit you will find some good older boards on eBay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post

98% sure it's your motherboard. I overclocked my E8400 with Asus Maximus X38 with no problems. Try a better a better and higher quality board, maybe P35 DS3L or maybe an X48 board. If you dig around a bit you will find some good older boards on eBay.
that's what I was afraid of. I have even tried to update my bios because there is one for better overclocking, but turns out i can't update my bios for some reason it keeps telling me it can't run on my pc but its made for my board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts