Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is my first time overclocking. I only want to do a mild overclock to my e6600 but my mobo won't let me do anything. Default is set to 266 x 9, with 1.35. I raised vcore to 1.375 and tried 280 x 9, and it didn't work. So I raised to 1.4 and again tried 280 x 9 and again it didn't work. Is there anything else I should overvolt? Or is my mobo messed up?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Unless things have changed with the C2D's i wouldnt up the V core straight away. Set FSB and vcore to stock, then up the FSB by maybe 3-5 at a time and test with prime 95 or some other stress testing program. (OCCT is good, only takes half hour too)

If it still isnt stable when overclocking by such a low amount then maybe you got a crap CPU for overclocking or your mobo is crap for overclocking.
Also what are your idle and load temps?

Post back one you try that out^^

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brumby05
View Post

At stock, it idles at 22C and loads at 32C. Room temp is around 26C.

Something is not rite there for a start. You cant have idle temps lower than room temp unless you are on phase or water.

Also i think your 4gb ram isnt helping, but I have seen that board hit over 400fsb , so its either your ram or your cpu/mobo combo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts