Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking for a new gaming mouse and keyboard. I've narrowed my choices but I'm open to new ideas. I'm not yet playing WoW, but I will be playing next month maybe but I don't know if I would benefit on MMO-optimized mice. Here are my choices:

1. Razer Lachesis
2. Razer Naga Molten
3. Roccat Kone
4. Roccat Kone +

I don't know if I should get the kone + because I don't know if it's worth the extra money.

Help me guys.. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
overall i would recommend the kone+, the Lachesis is really user dependent and the naga isn't much good for to much else or at least i find it small left and right click.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I would highly recommend the Logitech G500 actually. Its by far the best mouse I have used. I also had a Lachesis before it and I can say it was pretty meh. If you want a WoW mouse the Naga would probably be the best choice but I do not have any personal experience with it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw other users' experience about the kone 3200dpi. They say that it has a defect that has something to do with negative acceleration? Some problem with the sensor? Is this fixed on the new Kone+? Any personal experience with the kone+ anyone?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike.dp.05
View Post

I saw other users' experience about the kone 3200dpi. They say that it has a defect that has something to do with negative acceleration? Some problem with the sensor? Is this fixed on the new Kone+? Any personal experience with the kone+ anyone?

I can recommend the naga. It's super comfortable in my hand and the side buttons aren't bad either. I really only use the first 6 but it's enough to handle all the suit controls in crysis 2 and my preferred keybinds in WoW.

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killeraxemannic
View Post

I would highly recommend the Logitech G500 actually. Its by far the best mouse I have used. I also had a Lachesis before it and I can say it was pretty meh. If you want a WoW mouse the Naga would probably be the best choice but I do not have any personal experience with it.

I just ordered a G500 3 hours ago

Cant wait to replace my abyssus

5700 dpi, weight adjusment, simple and a lot of boutons.
I needed a mouse with side boutons to blink out of atramedes fire blast

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a question guys, will I be able to use the roccat kone+ in WoW? like keybings, etc. and also in crysis 2, like stealth mode, armor, etc?

·
Melted Cheese
4,183 Posts
Why not consider the Logitech G500? Best gaming mouse ever imo. So comfortable... not other mouse mold has been able to give me the comfort of the Logitech gaming mice in last 10 years. This mold is the best and the G500 is the perfection of it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Imo this is the ultimate gaming combo.

Saitek Cyborg command unit http://cgi.ebay.com/Saitek-Cyborg-Command-Unit-Programmable-USB-Gamepad_W0QQitemZ230603407032QQcmdZViewItem

Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826102062

Imo this is the ultimate gaming setup. The gamepad has numerous customizable buttons, 4 way hat switch at your thumb, this is it's strongest feature imo. The mouse's length can be adjusted, the thumb bar is also adjustable, super sensitive, control dpi settings on the fly, just an all around great mouse.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
It's not on your little list right there, but I've tried ~50 mice. My favorite has to be from the Mionix Naos series, hands-down.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
No matter what mouse you use you should be able to keybind its buttons to wow. Its nothing complicated, click a box to bind a key to and click the given mouse button, shouldn't be mouse dependent. I'm gonna give a +1 for the Mionix Naos, great mouse.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike.dp.05
View Post

doesn't the mionix naos use the same sensor as the kone+?

Its the avigo 9500 and its used by the G500 as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been a long time lover of the G5 series. I owned the original G5, which is still alive being used by my brother, and I had a blue updated G5.

Right when my blue G5 died, I was so looking forward to a G500, but the Razer Mamba caught my eye, and while I will always love the G-series, I can't go back to a non-dual mode mouse

·
Banned
1,913 Posts
I'm looking at an $18 iCan with a very similar button design

Just hope its electronics are at a suitable level, and it doesn't fall apart any time soon

but I can't even find any reviews....bad sign, or just some small Canadian company?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quote:

1. Razer Lachesis
2. Razer Naga Molten
3. Roccat Kone
4. Roccat Kone +

None of these, go for a Deathadder Black Edition.

Edit: My bad, I didn't realise it was for MMO use (though I stand behind that mouse) but instead of using a cramped mouse - why not use a gaming keypad? (Like a Logitech G13).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts