Overclock.net banner

Need help on purchase off ebay from China

389 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MistaBernie
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320768308829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I recently purchased this battery grip for my 550D. Now due to my negligence i purchased it without even thinking. The seller is from Hong Kong and the battery grip is significantly lower than what it would sell retail. So i'm wondering, did i get duped? I've already contacted Ebay and they said they will investigate the user. Can i also dispute it if i do receive a knockoff? Thanks.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Well.. the title says for EOS 550D, but the image being used looks like an authentic grip.

Compared against: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tery_Grip.html

Basically, if you get something that doens't look like an actual Canon battery grip or like the one depicted, request RMA including refunding shipping costs and threaten with negative feedback. They have ~11 recent negative feedback but almost 400 positive, so the 98% thing is a little off even recently...

· Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Ok. Sorry, I hate typing on my HTC Inpsire.

So, if anywhere in the listing it doesn't say 'photo is representative, not what's included' and they purposely depict something that you're not receiving, you have all you should need to file a claim. If they argue 'well, it was significantly under priced, you should have known', that's BS. It's eBay. Stuff sells for under cost all the time. It's misrepresentation, plain and simple.

If it's not authentic (which, if you remove the photo from the equation, it's fairly simple to assume it wont be), then just initiate a chargeback or contact Paypal and say that they misrepresented the item. Get a tracking number, send it back, and don't make the same mistake twice, I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.