Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 - 4 weeks ago i saw a wanted ad saying that someone needed a am2 board and was trading an older phenom for it. He wanted this board so he could power a old 5000+ processor because the one he had for the phenom for trade went out and was being rma'd. Regardless i thought i would help this guy out and send him this board (I dont have a board for the am2+ processor being traded out) and help him out. Regardless i thought it was a good deal being a 50-60$ processor for a 30$ board + 15$ shipping. Its been 3 - 4 weeks since he received my package and im pretty sure im being had here. Theres a few reasons for my paranoia: No feedback for the board i sent him even though he got it in 3 days. I've talked to a few others with the same problem with this fellow and it really seems like hes using his good trader status to cash out. And he has never asked me if i had received his package.

So since this is my first time doing business on OCN I dont know where to go to get some sort of E-Justice for this guy. So the question to your answer readers is: What do I do now and how do I go about reporting this fellow to a mod. This is really disappointing since my first trade with a reputable person with high rating has gone bad, it makes me think otherwise about trading something expensive without using the company I work for as backup and a medium for transactions.

As far as I know I will still do business with reputable people on OCN but will be very cautious or i will use a medium for larger transactions.

FOR TL|DR
Got scammed
sorta mad
want vengeance
Ty

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
There are plenty of Mods out there that can help you, just check the homepage

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
that's why the buyer should always pay first and then you send the merchandise. If the seller doesn't sell the merchandise or its damaged the buyer can always take the money back (is he used paypal). If you send the merchandise with out getting the money you can not get the object back or get the money. If he lives in NY ill tee pee his house for u

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaburrito
View Post

that's why the buyer should always pay first and then you send the merchandise. If the seller doesn't sell the merchandise or its damaged the buyer can always take the money back (is he used paypal). If you send the merchandise with out getting the money you can not get the object back or get the money. If he lives in NY ill tee pee his house for u

Sounds like they traded though. This is the second trade I've seen someone get ripped off on in a month. Trading via anything other than face-to-face shouldn't even be allowed here.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeYo
View Post

Sounds like they traded though. This is the second trade I've seen someone get ripped off on in a month. Trading via anything other than face-to-face shouldn't even be allowed here.

Ive traded with people on here for 3 years now... never had a scammer yet.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Can we has name?

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Personally, and just personally...

I would send the person a message if you haven't already. They could have forgotten or thought they sent something, etc. Maybe they didn't actually get the package, who knows.

Either way, should you need to contact a moderator, you can go to the appropriate forum and see which moderator is online in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

This thread explains that (and a lot more) - #8:
http://www.overclock.net/new-members...ions-must.html

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
It sucks to see there are some bad apples out there. The key to any transaction is communication. I remember a few years ago selling 3 folding setups to JRabb here and for some reason, the USPS took over 2 months to deliver his stuff and that was only from Seattle to Arizona. Because I kept good communication, JRabb didn't worry about my intentions and we had a good laugh once his packages finally arrived. The postman couldn't believe it when JRabb showed him the date stamp.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by _02
View Post

Personally, and just personally...

I would send the person a message if you haven't already. They could have forgotten or thought they sent something, etc. Maybe they didn't actually get the package, who knows.

Either way, should you need to contact a moderator, you can go to the appropriate forum and see which moderator is online in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

This thread explains that (and a lot more) - #8:
http://www.overclock.net/new-members...ions-must.html

Oh trust me he got the package.
I called ups and it was delivered exactly when they promised.
There are 3 other people with this exact same problem with this person.

The whole reason for this is there is little communication on his part.
but whatever ill spam him for the next two days and see if i can get an answer if nothing legit turns up by Monday im leaving a negative note and talking to a mod. When you do business with anyone online you follow up with them and not just "Assume" they got it.
No one is too busy to log on for 2 minutes and type "Did you get this"
Hell even newegg does it.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
The local police are usually willing to stop by peoples houses and kindly remind them that stealing on the internetz is the same as going to someones house and stealing.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by an51r
View Post

The local police are usually willing to stop by peoples houses and kindly remind them that stealing on the internetz is the same as going to someones house and stealing.

Yeah ill see about getting the others to see if we can contact the local PD
and have some officers pay him a visit.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pancing
View Post

Yeah ill see about getting the others to see if we can contact the local PD
and have some officers pay him a visit.

They won't do it without significant proof. They can't just go knock on doors accusing people without good cause.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Agreed it only takes a few minutes to send a pm or a email to the other party. Seems though from what you are saying he is doing it others here also though. This should be stopped in here fast.

Next thing would have been. Did you check his heat, get a phone number or anything like that? As doing a trade i would get a cell number and call before the trade went through.

Trading is probably the best way to get scammed on the internet. Hopefully you can get it sorted with a mods help. You and the others should all make one thread so everything can get resolved.

Would actually be nice to have a forum thread for just this problem. Good luck and hope you get it resolved fast.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

They won't do it without significant proof. They can't just go knock on doors accusing people without good cause.

He has proof that he sent the guy a package and he is filing a formal complaint and that obligates the police to go investigate.

I have done it before and it worked for me, the boys in blue can inspire some honest trading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts