4327 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Evil-Mongoose
Hi,
I just recently built a computer with the following specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice (2.0 GHz)
ASROCK 939Dual
Sapphire Radeon X550
(2x512) 1GB Corsair Value Ram CL3
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value

Last night, I overclocked it to 2.21 GHz with FSB set at 220MHz and multipler 10. I did not change any RAM settings. It was kept at DDR400.
Everything seemed to be running OK until I started copying a DVD on my DVD burner. My computer reset in between. It happened twice. I monitored my CPU's temperature just before it reset and it was 39 C.

Now the important thing is that I have a 380W power supply. Is this too low? Is that why it reset? My max voltage I can give to the CPU with this motherboard is 1.45V.

Can someone please help me with this? I would like to have my CPU running at 2.4 GHz. What settings should I use?

Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok..thanks!
also do you suggest I get a power supply with more power or 380W is good enough?

I'm using 3-4 devices on the USB and I'll be putting in a DVB-S card in the PCI slot soon.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if my RAM is CAS LATENCY of 3 can I manually change it to 2.5 in the BIOS? I'm a bit confused. Some people say HTT = 4, some say HTT = 250 MHz are they doing HTT*FSB ?

Hi, here's a screenshot of my CPU-Z screen. My voltage changes alot from 1.440 to 1.480. Is this ok?
i'm a noob. Can you guys see if these settings are good? My system is stable. I tested it using prime95.
If you guys have any suggestions on improving this please let me know.

By the way, in the BIOS, my CPU to LB speed is set to Auto. Is this ok?
Thanks a WHOLE BUNCH !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.