Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I just installed my new XFX Radeon 6950 (I'm so excited to upgrade from my Nvidia GeForce 9400
biggrin.gif
) and I tried used the sapphire trix tool (http://www.sapphireselectclub.com/ssc/TriXX/TriXX.aspx)

I am wanting to put my core clock at 1050 (currently at 850)

However I ran into a problem. I tried doing this, and then I pressed apply and my screen when white. I tried again and then my screen went kind of gray. I then have to press my reboot button and the settings are back to default. What am I doing wrong, and would it be easier just to do this from the bios?

Also what should I set my GPU Voltage at.

I'm using this for bitcoins and in the notes it says this, maybe you can tell what it says:
Quote:
Powercolor 6950 @ shadermod on original Bios 6950 / 1000mV 850/730, +20% powertune, Fan @ 60%, -v -w128 -f1.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I recommend to use MSI Afterburner instead. It's far more stable than Trixx.

Also I have a question about OC the 6950:

I own 2 6950 Twin Frozr III. I was unable to unlock any of them, but I was thinking to OC to reach frequencies of a 6970.
So far I played DNF, FEAR3 and BC2. With the first two there was no problem, but with BC2 the system froze. It could be because the OC?
I didn't touch the voltage. Should I give them 1.175?
Why isn't safe to OC the memories?

BTW: I'm using a XFX BE 850W PSU... Will be enough to support the 1.175 on each card?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MSI couldn't go nearly as high as Sapphire Trixx could.

Alright the white happened because there wasn't enough GPU Voltage, what should I set it to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts