Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MSI GeForce 4 ti4200 with my AMD64 3200+ and my 1gig corsair memory.

I know my video card isnt' that great but i also know thta this card is overclockable.

So can anyone please help me figure out how to oc it.
I have the stock heatsink on it and i dont' really plan on changing it.

Thanks guys.

3dmark2001 scored my computer as 11,347
i'm hoping to get it to 13,000

·
Registered
4 Posts
yo man,

that card is a delight to overclock

i pushed mine VERY very hard, for over a year and its still working great.
I took it all apart, put arctic silver on all the contact point to the h/s and then put ram heat sinks on and put a vantec fan card under the vga slot and it worked fantastic.

you can push it to 400 /600 ... thats where mine was

cheers!

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont' really want to spend money on any new cooling for my video card

it is right now at core memory 250 and memory clock 446

how high should i go...lol

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Youll know when you see them. There blocks that shoot around the screen and everything looks messed up. Turn one down and see if it helps (core, memory) get the artifacts to go away. Once your at the highest core/mem with no artifacts then youve the hit highest you can go with your stock cooling.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
You put it in your registry files. Once you put it in you go to properties-advanced-settings-then your vid card-clock frequency settings. That should get you there if you have xp.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Yea. I'd go with Coolbits. I OC'd my crappy MX440 about 20MHz, But thats because I didn't get any stability over 30MHz. But I could have gone over 50MHz successfully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_snoopy

i dont' really want to spend money on any new cooling for my video card

it is right now at core memory 250 and memory clock 446

how high should i go...lol

hey, LOL im running mine again, my 5700 le 256 was a peice of ****, so i ordered the 5900 xt. so now im back on this 4200 You should be able to easily hit 320/599

Give er a try. I have mine at that now and at load its 54 deg

cheers

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
The 2 frequencies you can adjust are the cards core frequencies (GPU) and the cards memory frequencies which are the memory modules on the card. To use coolbits, download the regiestry file or make one your self by getting the coolbits code and then saving the file as a .reg, then to open the frequency menu, right click your desktop then go analog display>>Frequencies (which you'll find on the left hand side.

When your in there do a auto detection then see if your card is stable by running a demanding game or benchmark and look for freezes and/or artifacts. Artifacts are usually caused by memory and freezing is usually caused by the GPU/Core.

When coolbits detects your maximum frequncies they ussually detect them to high becuase they havent stressed the card enough, but do a bunch of tests and keep adjusting till you get optimal settings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i pumped my card from 250/446 to 300/581 and it seems pretty stable.
it gave me a performance bust of 1500 points according to 3dmark2001se.

thanks for everyones help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts