Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i am upgrading my old pc and i have on it athlon 1700+... many peoples say that they overclocked it to 2200+ and i cant even overclock it to 1900+ can any 1 pls give me the reason why it could be? (palomino 0.18) i already bought new gpu and 1gb ram... and on my newer pc uses intel can it too be overclocked?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Can you list the specs of your Athlon 1700+ rig? As far as overclocking goes, as long as you have options in the BIOS to overclock (or use software to do so) your good to go.

Btw, overclocking can be very hit and miss. Just because 8 out of 10 people overclocked they're CPU to 3.xx Ghz, doesn't mean you'll have the same exact results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(newer)-possible to overclock intel procesor?

(old) -
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Can you list the specs of your Athlon 1700+ rig? As far as overclocking goes, as long as you have options in the BIOS to overclock (or use software to do so) your good to go.
Btw, overclocking can be very hit and miss. Just because 8 out of 10 people overclocked they're CPU to 3.xx Ghz, doesn't mean you'll have the same exact results.
its unstabile on athlon 1900+ (it shut down sometimes) and peoples say that it should be stabile when overcloacked to 2200+ ....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paupav View Post

(newer)-possible to overclock intel procesor?
(old) -
its unstabile on athlon 1900+ (it shut down sometimes) and peoples say that it should be stabile when overcloacked to 2200+ ....
Your not giving enough information to get help.Does it shut down or BSOD blue screen.Is it unstable or just overheating?
Overclocking often requires more than stock voltage and makes more heat requiring a better than stock cooler.
You really need to read this.
http://www.overclock.net/t/525113/phenom-ii-overclocking-guide
It for the phenom 2 but most still applies especially the Reference clock overclocking section.

Another thing is these parts don't last as long when overclocked so be aware you may damage parts even if done correctly.Not all motherboards like overclocking on my last board I got a horse shoe shaped burn around my VRM's (Voltage regulator modules).
Hope this helps and good luck.

use the rig builder so we have an idea what parts your using.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts