Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering if you all could help me pick out a camera,since most of you here know a lot more than i do about cameras..

I'm looking for a camera that is 200-300 dollars..

And is just a point and shoot camera, pretty much compact, nothing big..

I've been looking at the Cannon powershots, and panosonic Lumix's becuase they get the best reviews for their categorys..

But i can't seem to choose what camera because there are so many different makes and models!!

Anyhelp would be great!!

And i need the camera to come from Bestbuy, because i know people who work there and can get me their discount, so thats my basis... Any ideas.. (and my price range can go up a lil if need be)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will suggest Canon power Shot S90, it costs $320 ish, and with BestBuy employee discount it should drop below the $300 mark.

This camera will last you a long time, as it has automatic and full manual controls for when you are ready to play around with your own settings. It also has that F2 lens so it takes great pictures when in the dark without flash.

Oh and this thing fits in my front jean pockets, I take it with me anywhere.

• Rep+
Reactions: Steroids

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
+1 for the Canon S90, some of the best overall IQ (but high ISO in particular) of any P&S in its price range.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steroids
View Post

What about the s95? would that be fine?i know theres a little price difference.. but the bestbuy discount should still get it below 300

Absolutely! The S95 can do HD video (720p) unlike its predecessor and has more manual control, but it's mostly the same otherwise.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was gonna ask, if there was a big enough difference.. Becuase i realized that the price was 399 not 299 lol.. But ill ask.. I know bestbuy website doesn't have the s90 listed anymore but i just went there today and saw they had it for like 279 i believe..

Thats why i ask if the s95 is worth it, thanks for the help.. Hopefully i can get that thing for like 200.. hopefully lol

·
Premium Member
7,391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

But at $399, you can get a D3000.

But he's looking for a compact camera. The D3000 is anything but.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I personally like the Panasonic Lumix the most. Great pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d
View Post

But he's looking for a compact camera. The D3000 is anything but.

Whoops! td;dr

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.