1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
When I was trying to choose, I tried the MSI Wind, the Dell Mini 10, the Acer that you're looking at, and the Asus EeePC.

I really didn't like the Acer and the Dell was more expensive than the rest. I ended up getting the EeePC 1000H and I love it. I'm on it right now and it's my only computer in Spain. I'm currently dual booting Windows 7 (with all Aero effects), and EasyPeasy which is a distro of Ubunto Netbook Remix made specifically for the EeePC (used to be called EeeBuntu). I've had this for two years and it's still going strong.

My recommendation goes for the Eee. You can find them dead cheap (because they sell so well) and the user base is massive. There's also an extensive modding community with guides on how to install touchscreens and cool stuff like that.

• Rep+
Reactions: Shane1244

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I'll have to see if I can get one on the cheap. Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work with netbooks all the time. I find the netbooks that have vertical touchpad buttons on the ends of the pad instead of under it very annoying to use.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonibrasco
View Post

I work with netbooks all the time. I find the netbooks that have vertical touchpad buttons on the ends of the pad instead of under it very annoying to use.

Hmm, That's a good point. I was using one in the store today, I didn't seem to notice it though.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
I have the 1005HA love it, so I'll vote for an EEE as well. And the vertical buttons on the side are horrible as has been mentioned.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
The n450 in the Acer has hyperthreading, so it may be faster when multi-tasking.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewgy
View Post

The n450 in the Acer has hyperthreading, so it may be faster when multi-tasking.

I'm pretty sure the N270 does too, I opened task manager on it today and it had two threads.

EDIT: It does, Just looked on this chart:
http://ARK.intel.com/MySearch.aspx?HyperThreading=true

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have any ideas on where i can buy a Brodcom HD Decoder. (BCM970012)

People are claiming to get them under $30, but I can find it for less than 50.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

I'm pretty sure the N270 does too, I opened task manager on it today and it had two threads.

EDIT: It does, Just looked on this chart:
http://ARK.intel.com/MySearch.aspx?HyperThreading=true

Ah, my B. It's just all on one die, longer battery life might be a plus but if it's all the same, get the one that looks nicest.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewgy View Post
Ah, my B. It's just all on one die, longer battery life might be a plus but if it's all the same, get the one that looks nicest.
No problem, It's pretty confusing. That's was my plan, I mean, they are all about the same, other than battery life, and looks.

Looks like I'm going for the HP Mini 110.

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have an Eee PC 1000HA, Got it a while back and I'm in love with it.
Used it as my only computer when i lived in Hawaii for 6 months.
And especially now with the newer hardware and OS, I'm sure it can only get better.

My friend had an Acer aspire one, I admit at first I liked the way it looked and similar specs
But Mine slightly out performed
At least I'd like to think so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts