7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first off my PC

AMD FX-8120 8x3.1 ghz CPU
ASUS M5a97 R2.0 MOBO
AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU
My PC runs windows 8.1
Direct link from modem to PC, no wireless
Okay, so I play left 4 dead 2 on PC. I've played for awhile without any issues and recently if the past few days I've been running into some strange issues. Every 5 minutes or so, I run into a couple lag spikes. Except it's strange because my ping doesn't move, my fps goes nowhere, the in-game graphs for packet loss show nothing, and it's just a quick rubberband, like jumps me back a second or two. It usually happens 2 or 3 times and then is fine for another few minutes and then happens again another 2 or 3 times.

This happens on multiple servers and it only happens to me in game. The strange thing is that when it happens my ping stays low, It never spikes and stays around 30~ even during the lag. I play with friends and nobody else ever has issues but myself and we're all very stumped on how to fix it.

Also, I tried playing another game (Loadout, some free-to-play game on steam) and got ZERO lag. Then went back to l4d2 and it happened like usual.

So far the things I've tried

Lower all settings on L4D2.
Uninstall/reinstall L4D2.
Portforwarding, Opened all the ports by following http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Left_4_Dead_2/[1]
Reset router, reset modem, Hooked up modem directly to PC.
Updated Drivers.
I ran a traceroute on one of the L4D2 servers, but I'm not sure what the results mean, So if anyone would like that info I could post it as well.
I tried checking the temps of my CPU and GPU. They both were around 49c idle and maxed around 59c while playing. I was told these are okay but maybe they could cause issues, I'm not sure.

Any ideas on what this might be or how to fix it would be HIGHLY appreciated.

EDIT: I just downloaded and tried to play CS:GO and it lagged the same as on L4D2. It still runs fine on loadout. So maybe it just doesn't run well on source games? Which is sitll strange because I played for months before this and it ran fine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts