Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys

so recently my old seagate barcuda 1.5TB hard drive died, it was 3 years old and well was old so i am not super sad to see it die, the reason it did die was because recently i just installed a water cooling loop and when i was bleeding the system i forgot to unplug it so i turned the PSU on and off and well of course it got way too hot as there was no fans pushing air near it and was running for 24 hours with no fan pushing air to it so yea i died cuz it over heated
anyone how i can get my data back?

so yea title says it all
i want it to be cheap
it doesn't need to fast as i will be storing games and programs and documents and user data (i have an ssd for os and programs i use allot)
2 TB ideally
i really want it to be reliable

thx

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid123 View Post

Hay guys

so recently my old seagate barcuda 1.5TB hard drive died, it was 3 years old and well was old so i am not super sad to see it die, the reason it did die was because recently i just installed a water cooling loop and when i was bleeding the system i forgot to unplug it so i turned the PSU on and off and well of course it got way too hot as there was no fans pushing air near it and was running for 24 hours with no fan pushing air to it so yea i died cuz it over heated
anyone how i can get my data back?

so yea title says it all
i want it to be cheap
it doesn't need to fast as i will be storing games and programs and documents and user data (i have an ssd for os and programs i use allot)
2 TB ideally
i really want it to be reliable

thx
If you are going to be running in mirror then I would just grab whatever the cheapest 2 or 3tb drives you can find. They are all pretty much "reliable". If you are worried about the heat you can grab green drives or the new red drives. The red drives are not cheap though.

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
get an external drive for backup. Not RAID 1.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

get an external drive for backup. Not RAID 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by givmedew View Post

If you are going to be running in mirror then I would just grab whatever the cheapest 2 or 3tb drives you can find. They are all pretty much "reliable". If you are worried about the heat you can grab green drives or the new red drives. The red drives are not cheap though.
will start backing up soon so no worries abot that i mostly want a reliable system
yup got to 2 2tb segate barcuda drives cheapest drives i could find

thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts