Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. So im gonna overclock this board a little bit.

Im now running 225x8 1800mhz and got a error on prime So i raised Mem voltage to 2.80v And okej no error. My Epox 8rda+ i juiced the mems whit 2.77v
How far in voltage can i raise my mems? I got mem timings on Auto. Cause this Bios option is a little new to me hähä

But these mems got no Cooling or so. It 2x256 Twinmos 400Mhz

What FSB should i be possible to get?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Umm, you can prob up that vdimm to 2.8-3.0, whatever you feel is safe. make sure the Mem/FSB ratio is set at 200 (1:1), also make sure your timings are loose enough, 3-4-4-10 or 2-4-4-10. That board likes the TRAS of 10

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Keeping your temps under 55C is important also, then you'll have to test out and see how high you can go, every one is different.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

Umm, you can prob up that vdimm to 2.8-3.0, whatever you feel is safe. make sure the Mem/FSB ratio is set at 200 (1:1), also make sure your timings are loose enough, 3-4-4-10 or 2-4-4-10. That board likes the TRAS of 10

Okej tried 230x7.5 and i wont boot. I use Mem/FSB 200 1:1

Running 227x8 and no problem.

And ya mems okej they are on auto.

On My epox i had 2.5-4-4-7 =P

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It would work better if you took it off auto, that way it can't change on you, and put the TRAS to 10. Then try the multiplier at 10 and start upping the FSB from 200 and up, see what you get to. Wait a minute, also increase the FSB voltage some, should allow you to go higher. CAREFUL, watch the temps and as a rule keep them under 55C

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm okej on my old board i had this timings

T(Ras) 7
T(RCD) 4
T(rp) 4
Cas latency 2.5

BUT i cant find anythin in this Bios whit the same name as on my old board lol =P

What name do they got now?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
explain please, are you asking what you should change to get those timings? Or are you asking where you have to go?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

explain please, are you asking what you should change to get those timings?

yes =D

Cause on this board theres other names =D More complicated

For example changin the T(RCD) as its called on my old Board what is it called on the DFI? =D

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
should be called the same thing. hold a minute and I'll check for sure.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

should be called the same thing. hold a minute and I'll check for sure.

here we go, under genie bios settings, then DRAM config, press enter,
look at attached pic, circled what you should change

• Rep+
Reactions: Sper

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sper

i was thinkin. how low multi should i use? =P

Like 225x8 was stable

The only time you want to use a low multi is when you are checking to see how far you can push your mobo. Then you use the 5-8 multi. Otherwise, you want to set it at 10 or 11 and try to find the stable FSB at that multi.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sper

wow thx =D Rep points for U =P

No problem guy, that's what we're here for.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright i change those Mem timing and it works..But i did try whit Cas latency 3 and i had to reset Cmos =D but changed to 2 and it booted fine

And now back to tweking =D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

The only time you want to use a low multi is when you are checking to see how far you can push your mobo. Then you use the 5-8 multi. Otherwise, you want to set it at 10 or 11 and try to find the stable FSB at that multi.

Alright running 230x8 and the Comp boots upp and i ran prime for 3 min to se if it crash but it didnt. last time i started on 230x8 whit auto timing i couldnt boot.

Hm Thing is im using my original CPU fan so clocking the CPU is not an option atm =D

But hm 230x8 is nice if i can run it stable. Like Prime atleast 12 hours =D

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Why are you running 230x8 thats very low... 1.8GHz.

I know your running stock HSF but you should be able to go higher... Just keep a close eye on temps.

For alot more info in one section check the DFI Guide in my SIG... That will cover pretty much everything and has some easy to use tables.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Why are you running 230x8 thats very low... 1.8GHz.

I know your running stock HSF but you should be able to go higher... Just keep a close eye on temps.

For alot more info in one section check the DFI Guide in my SIG... That will cover pretty much everything and has some easy to use tables.

Well 230x8 didnt work hähä crash in prime after 5 hours. But that may be becasue of my crappy power supplie. Or bad memorys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts