Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello can someone help with overclocking my 9800se. i have tryed the soft mod but i keep getting funny colours on rtcw et so i took the softmod off.
the question i would ask is what core speed can i run safe on it with only the stock cooling on it my speed at core is at 379.59 and my mem speed is 339.88 not overclocked
any help would be apreaciated thank you :shades2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have done that and it says 420 core 376 mem will this run ok on the stock heatsink and fan it wont melt my card will it as i am new to overclocking and this is making me a little nervous. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

if it aint getting artifacts then its good try doom3 for the artifacts

nice 1 m8 thanks for the help will do

·
Registered
137 Posts
Which particular model do you have? I have a Sapphire, but my stock clocks were only 325/275 ...? Yours the 'L' shaped chipset...? Any pics...?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa kris uk

hello can someone help with overclocking my 9800se. i have tryed the soft mod but i keep getting funny colours on rtcw et so i took the softmod off.
the question i would ask is what core speed can i run safe on it with only the stock cooling on it my speed at core is at 379.59 and my mem speed is 339.88 not overclocked
any help would be apreaciated thank you :shades2:

For the softmod, you'll probably need a better cooler...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry it has been so long mine is a peak card with a 350 core and and 256 interface.Also could someone tell me which is the better card my 9800se with the above spec and an 9600xt thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts