Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I work weekends at a bar and never ever get to watch hockey games. Toronto Maple Leafs suck but it's the only games we get here (the odd Red Wings games *GO WINGS GO!*) and I'll watch hockey regardless of who is playing.

With that in mind, I'd like to be able to use an HTPC that I want to build for music, MSN, watching movies online, surfing the web, etc. to record hockey games from an internet website (I watch my Wings games on said website) and from live TV.

My HTPC will be hooked up to my TV via HDMI directly from the on-board video of the mobo. My TV is cable, that goes into a HD box, then into my TV via HDMI.

How can I capture these games, get my hockey on during my time off, and not have to call in sick when the Red Wings have a important game that needs to be watched by moi?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Well, the HDMI on your motherboard is an output; and the HDMI on the TV/HD Box is also an output. What you need is something like this - a PCI TV recorder. I don't know of any other solutions, unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts