Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A DJ friend of mine has asked me to build him a PC that lhe can use to mix and edit tracks using various programs, in particular Pro Tools by Avid. He basically takes music and remixes it for various musicians, he has been doing it for awhile but now he wants to upgrade to using a PC. He wants a computer that can produce really good raw music files as he has all the other required external audio equipment. He originally thought he needed a sound card but I explained to him he doesn't need one since he has all the required audio equipment.

I am asking here because though I do know computers I don't know anything about what he wants to do (audio mixing and processing).
So I need some recommendations primarily on CPU and MB, but anything that is useful would be great.
I'm thinking a 6 core cpu with about 16 or 32 gb of RAM at most. Plus he wants at minimum a SSD for the C drive, a large HDD for all his audio files, and two cd drive burners (he mentioned light scribe drives). His budget is currently $1500 and I believe that includes needing a monitor and peripherals.

Thanks in advance!

·
Dangerous
294 Posts
Making it very nearly silent is usually a core requirement for music production systems.

You might want to talk to him about that and select the case and cooling as appropriate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts