Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ijust received my Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0yesterday. Ineed some help with a few things on it.#1.Which slots does the ram go jn 1st ? The black or brown ? Had to put 2 8gb. kits of G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 in it. My Hyper-X 1866 isn't on the q.v.l. #2. Ihave my v.c. in PCIe x16 1 and my tv tuner {PCIe x1} in the PCIe x16 4, which actually runs @ PCIe x4 according to the mobo manual. PCIe x16 2 wouldn't work as the tuner would've been touching the HD6950. PCIe x16 is for Crossfire/SLI. Beside's my last upgrade is going to be 1 or 2 GTX 660 ti's. Anyway my pc won't boot or anything. Itried 2 8gb. hyper-x 1866 and 2 8gb. kits of the ripjaws.Later, I'm gonna clean the cpu anh100. Put some more arctic silver 5 on. I'm also gonna see if the 8 pin power cable will fit without the 8 pin extension I have on it now.

·
Missing friends
15,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkkab View Post

Ijust received my Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0yesterday. Ineed some help with a few things on it.#1.Which slots does the ram go jn 1st ? The black or brown ? Had to put 2 8gb. kits of G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 in it. My Hyper-X 1866 isn't on the q.v.l. #2. Ihave my v.c. in PCIe x16 1 and my tv tuner {PCIe x1} in the PCIe x16 4, which actually runs @ PCIe x4 according to the mobo manual. PCIe x16 2 wouldn't work as the tuner would've been touching the HD6950. PCIe x16 is for Crossfire/SLI. Beside's my last upgrade is going to be 1 or 2 GTX 660 ti's. Anyway my pc won't boot or anything. Itried 2 8gb. hyper-x 1866 and 2 8gb. kits of the ripjaws.Later, I'm gonna clean the cpu anh100. Put some more arctic silver 5 on. I'm also gonna see if the 8 pin power cable will fit without the 8 pin extension I have on it now.
i know this is late sorry. let me know if you have issues with the new mobo

are you sure it was the mobo??

what cpu were you using?
did the sabertooth have the right bios ? you can update bios without a cpu or ram on them one of the reasons i own them. i can tell you how if you need.

the pciex4 will work fine for any pcie chip if you put a x16 card in it it will just downgrade to x4 ( less bandwidth ) and putting a x1 into it will just use x1

also you can put it into the pciex16 slot. any slot on your pc will work fine you will get the best results from your crossfire if you put them in the recommended slots however you can use it for usb card raid card, or what ever.

as for ram slots i like diagrams Slots 2&4 are recommended for dual channel memory

CPU socket 1 2 3 4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the mobo was in the case Itried the following parts. cpu's AMD Phenom 2 965 and 1100T, RAM G Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 3 different kits.This is listed on Asus's qvl for the mobo.Video cards tried HIS IceQ X Turbo X Radeon HD 6950 2.0 gb and XFX Radeon HD 5770 1.0 gb. Each in PCIe x16 1.Hauppage WinTV HVR-1850 tv tuner was placed in PCIe x16 4 per Asus support recomenation.Samsung SH-223C dvd-rw sata 5 slot perAsus support.LiteON iHBS blu-ray burner in sata 6 per Asus support. OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPs 120 gb ssd in sata 1.Then each of 2 W.D. Caviar Black 1.0 tb. 32mb cache hdds in sata 1. PSU's OCZ ZX Series ZX-1250W and Corsair TX-750. Ithen tried the mobo/cpu's w stock heatsink/ram/video cards and each psu out of the case w/paperclip and electrical tape on part Ihold in hand.Anyway Itried only stanby led lit up.Both methods Arctic Silver 5 pea sized method.Microsoft Wirell Desktop 2000 keyboard/mouse usb all usb 2.0 slots on bak of mobo.3 different sets of new working aa aaa energizer batteries.Tested all 3 sets of each in other devices after trying in kb and mouse.Now I have a AMD FX 8350, Logitech K100 ps/2 keyboard and Logitech m100 wired usb 2.0 mouse to use whem mobo arrives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts