Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a new build with the 900D case but it's out of stock right now at my local Micro Center store which has the cheapest price and a 30 day return policy. I'm hearing from a lot of forums and online reviews like from Newegg that the case is being delivered damaged so this why I'm waiting for restocking at Micro Center. With all that said I want to get a jump on ordering my parts for the build. I'm going to use either the EK X3 150 or the EK X3 250 Reservoir but I'm not sure how much room I have for the 250 version. I want to know if I can get someone that as a Corsair 900D could get me a measurement to help me decide whch one will fit the best. I need the measurement from the Mid plate to the top plate where the fans or upper Radiator are mounted.

Many Thanks if you could please take the time to do this for me!!!! Stevebit
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Montyman03 I'm getting ready to order the parts right now but let me ask you one more question. My set up will have the EK X3 and the D5 pump top connected together with a 35 mm rotary extender. Is this how you have yours? With this configuration the total length will be 280mm or about 11.6 inches and my fans with be 2 corsair at 25 mm each and the Rad will be 45 mm for a total of 95 mm or 3.75" So if the measurement that Robert gave me of 18.5" are right I would have 14.75" left to fit my set up of around 11.6" leaving me around 3" of head space. Does this sound right to you??? Thanks Steve

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
In my 900D I have a Alphacool 480 Monsta up top and was able to still do a 250ml res. The monsta was a pita to fit in but it can be done, I also have 2 240's and another 480 just to give you a idea with 4 water pumps so there is a lot of room to do stuff in the case.. Even without a monsta rad up top a 250ml is going to be about the biggest res you will be able to fit in there as the 400 ml drop are to big and a 150 in my opinion just looks super small in the case.

Btw my 480 monsta is 80mm thick with corsair fans so with fans 105mm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebit56 View Post

Thanks Montyman03 I'm getting ready to order the parts right now but let me ask you one more question. My set up will have the EK X3 and the D5 pump top connected together with a 35 mm rotary extender. Is this how you have yours? With this configuration the total length will be 280mm or about 11.6 inches and my fans with be 2 corsair at 25 mm each and the Rad will be 45 mm for a total of 95 mm or 3.75" So if the measurement that Robert gave me of 18.5" are right I would have 14.75" left to fit my set up of around 11.6" leaving me around 3" of head space. Does this sound right to you??? Thanks Steve
I've got my pump separate from the res, but from what I can tell you should still be fine with room. I'm using the EK XTX(64mm) up top with corsair sp 120's and there is still quite a bit of room. I'm with the Docka, a 150 would just look weird in that case.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyman03 View Post

I've got my pump separate from the res, but from what I can tell you should still be fine with room. I'm using the EK XTX(64mm) up top with corsair sp 120's and there is still quite a bit of room. I'm with the Docka, a 150 would just look weird in that case.
I would agree there should be enough room will be tight but doable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Danger Dan but I'm hearing that the 900D is not holding up well to shipping so that is why I wanted to buy it from the local Micro Center store so if it's damaged when I get it home I can take it right back and get a replacement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts