Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and could help me out. I'm trying to get my friend's dvd writer to work on his inext comp that he bought from radioshack two years ago. Anywho whenever I trie to burn dvd files that I have ripped the drive won't recognize that there is blank dvd in drive. I've tried both nero and dvd x copy and the dame thing happpens. It occured to me tha maybe the drive is a dvd reader and cd writer only but i don't recall these types of drives ever being made. On the front to the drive it says dvd.rewriteable and windows displays it as DVD/CD-RW drive but I simply won't read any blank media. any suggestions??? plz help!

·
Registered
604 Posts
There are DVD-ROM/CD-RW drives that are more commonly called, "combo drives." It is possible that's what your friend has. It's also possible that it's starting to crap out oh him. Another possibility is that he's using the wrong type of blank media. There are DVD+ and DVD- discs. Newer drives handle both but older drives usually handle one or the other.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
It's probably a DVD/CDRW drive. Have you tried a blank CD in there and see if you get anything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts