Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there ladies and gents I am here today to get help on finding a new desk:

support eventually up to 3 monitors (since I plan on having 3 with the new build I am doing sometime soon), a place for the PC itself of course I don't want the PC on the carpet taking in a lot of dust, I want it to be not too large, but be able to fit drinks like bottles, food, like snacks and dinner size plates, I want it too have some breathing room, I also want it to have some draws connected to the desk to store things like cables, extra stuff like pc components, and other things, I also want it to be under $200, I live in Australia - Perth so a shop in Perth would be a good place, so I can just go and pick it up without waiting and without shipping cost, extra charges etc.. hopefully you guys can help.

I found this desk on Office Works but I am not really sure:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Furniture/Desks/Home-Office-Desks/OWTYSON

·
Registered
515 Posts
Or you can go with small plain white door as your desk and have wooden or metal filing cabinet on each end as your legs. For wiring, simple big hooks about 3-5 of them along the edge behind the lower table should fix that up. Clean, simple and easy to do. It is also cheaper.

Look for the drawer similar to the drawer that you linked. Like a separate drawer like that. You'll need drawers for sure and a filing drawer is useful aswell.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrighteousPony View Post

can you link me?

I was thinking of putting my PC on the top, to keep dust out.
You live in Australia and i was recommending a plain door you can purchase at home depot which is in the U.S.

I was talking about these see all the >>>PLAIN DOOR<<<

There are the primed ones in white and ivory and there are some in light, mid and dark wood finish.

They are usually sized 32"x80"......each of them on the link vary in sizes, so you'll have to decide which is better for your place aswell as the color and the wood finish.

The cabinets as legs for your table are like these >>>1, 2, 3, 4<<<, and etc.

Sky's the limit on the cabinet/drawer you want to use, as long as they are 27"-32" in height since that's the range for a proper computer table height.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanYan001 View Post

You live in Australia and i was recommending a plain door you can purchase at home depot which is in the U.S.

I was talking about these see all the >>>PLAIN DOOR<<<

There are the primed ones in white and ivory and there are some in light, mid and dark wood finish.

They are usually sized 32"x80"......each of them on the link vary in sizes, so you'll have to decide which is better for your place aswell as the color and the wood finish.

The cabinets as legs for your table are like these >>>1, 2, 3, 4<<<, and etc.

Sky's the limit on the cabinet/drawer you want to use, as long as they are 27"-32" in height since that's the range for a proper computer table height.
If your going to do this, you must absolutely have a solid core door. Your tower, and any other heavy things, will crush a hollow core interior door.
This is what you want.
A nice solid core exterior door. I'm a huge fan of door desks, probably because that's what i made. I had a roommate in college you used 8 feet of counter top with a pair of file cabinets as a desk, so that would work too.

·
Registered
817 Posts
For all the folks suggesting a door-desk, I made a quick and easy build log of mine here. Mine was just a tooch over 100USD, and if you added filing cabinets for the drawer space and the more convenient cable management options, you could still easily stay under 200USD.

A pic to tease:

It has plenty of room for 3 monitors, and can be any color(s) you want!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts