Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to fold on my new build. I have the SMP already going for my CPU. Next I want to setup folding for my GPUs. How would I set this up since I have a gtx 460 and a 8800gt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I believe you would have to get both the gpu2, and gpu3 folding clients, then specify each one to run on appropriate gpu using -forcegpu 1, and -forcegpu 2.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
Nah, 8/9 series are more flexible. you should be able to run GPU3 on both.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle2194 View Post
I believe you would have to get both the gpu2, and gpu3 folding clients, then specify each one to run on appropriate gpu using -forcegpu 1, and -forcegpu 2.
But how do you install them both when you cannot define the directory paths? :/ (Won't they overlap?)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staryoshi View Post
But how do you install them both when you cannot define the directory paths? :/ (Won't they overlap?)
Yeah, they normally do.

So, install GPU2 first, rename the folder, then install GPU3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed GPU2 first. Once it was finished I renamed the folder to "[email protected] 8800". Then I installed GPU3. Once it was finished installing I renamed the folder "[email protected] 460".

At the end of the target on the shortcut for the 8800gt I added "-local -gpu 1" and on the gtx 460 I added -local -gpu 0. Is this correct? The clients are running but I am getting a core download error.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Yeah, they normally do.

So, install GPU2 first, rename the folder, then install GPU3.

That's what I figured, just wasn't sure if renaming it would muss things up
(I know you have to rename the roaming data too
)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
Add -forcegpu nvidia_g80 to GPU2. Are you getting download errors on both clients?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staryoshi View Post
That's what I figured, just wasn't sure if renaming it would muss things up
(I know you have to rename the roaming data too
)
No you don't. If you use the -local flag, the client runs from the install location, not AppData> Roaming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Add -forcegpu nvidia_g80 to GPU2. Are you getting download errors on both clients?
Yes on both of them. Do I add this after -local -gpu 1?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
Yes. The order of flags doens't matter though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
No you don't. If you use the -local flag, the client runs from the install location, not AppData> Roaming.

Ah, nice move. I should research these flags
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
On both GPUs?
Yes on both GPUs. Would this be because I am using the 260.63 drivers that are still beta drivers?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
It's possible. As a general rule, you want to use the latest stable drivers when Folding... give the 258s a spin and see if it helps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
Yep; look fine to me.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top