Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I'm having trouble with getting my Dual-PCB GTX295 folding on both GPU's.

I'm running a Windows Tiny7 32bit, its a stripped version. I can use a XP-Lite, but I normally use Tiny7.

I've tried to follow different guides buy comping files and edit them, but I can't get it to work. It's mostly when I'm going to change "Start in" I get a error message. it's probably that I need a different script. it seems like the x86 ain't working or something, cause I dont have that folder.

[email protected] GPU is located: (C: )Local Disk/Program Files/[email protected]

Folding Roaming is located: (C : )Local Disk/User/Adminstrator/appData/Roaming/[email protected]

I've read something about DVI/VGA port dummies. You'll need to make one so you can run both GPU's on a Dual-PCB card? Like sticking resistors into a DVI to VGA adapter? So what kind of value does these resistors have to be?

And I'll have to disable SLI (Multi-GPU) in Nvidia control panel, right?

Any who could help me out with this?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lates Nvidia drivers allow folding without dummies in multiple gpu setups. Should work with Dual-PCB GTX295 too (not 100% about this)

But what comes to 295 i m not sure about the answer so i leave that to the PRO's.

If you are trying to add falgs, you should create shortcut of your [email protected] application and then to shortcut target add your flags, not start in. Like so : "C:\\[email protected] Gpu 0\\[email protected]" -gpu 0 for the first gpu and "C:\\[email protected] Gpu 1\\[email protected]" -gpu 1 for the second gpu. Each gpu should have 2 different folders for folding like i have above.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTDAkiles View Post
Lates Nvidia drivers allow folding without dummies in multiple gpu setups. Should work with Dual-PCB GTX295 too (not 100% about this)

But what comes to 295 i m not sure about the answer so i leave that to the PRO's
Ok, thanks! I have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

I can't get both GPU's folding, I'd really like to fold some boints again

Thanks for the help
+rep

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
disable multi-gpu in nv control panel. I would switch to console gpu client because it's much easier. On your second client and after use these flags in shortcut properrties as follows; -gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80, if you have a third card -gpu 2.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Did you use this guide:
http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...gpu-guide.html

Because that's the one you want. No need to mess with dummy plugs, or AppData> Roaming folders.

Yes, I did, but I'm having problems cause I don't have a folder named (x86).
I'm running 32bit, a TIny7

Quote:

Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post
What kind of errors is it giving you? (this could be important in determining what is wrong)
I'll check it, out

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriztoffer View Post
Yes, I did, but I'm having problems cause I don't have a folder named (x86).
Then everything is in Program Files.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
The "Target" field will adjust accordingly... you just worry about the flags at the end.

But if necessary, it would be "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)".

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

The "Target" field will adjust accordingly... you just worry about the flags at the end.

But if necessary, it would be "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)".

Ok. Thanks man.

So I need to copy the [email protected] gpu folder, and make a copy.

Make a copy of both [email protected] files.

change the flags at the end, like -gpu0 force_g80? and on the 2nd one -gpu1 force_g80?

Or am I way off? : )

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
-gpu 0
-gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Did you change the Machine ID of the 2nd client? It will need to be changed to Machine ID 3.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Go to the AppData> Roaming folder, and copy/paste the .dlls into the install location.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

Go to the AppData> Roaming folder, and copy/paste the .dlls into the install location.

Looks like they are working!!! How can I thank you man?

Thanks a lot for helping a newbe folder out, just started. Never used to have Nvidia GPU's so folding with ATI haven't been that fun.

Thanks a lot again for the help!!

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
You Folding is thanks enough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts