6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Bought used pc with:
msi geforce gt 640 1gb gpu
amd athlon II x2 260 cpu
4GB ddr2 ram
160GB Hard drive
And everything was good until games started strugle like month later (right now) Im going to upload pictures maybe its drivers or just gpu dying? no issues with pc only when i load game artifacts starts like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USEoowa-6aA (sorry for potato)
Thanks for help!

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,010 Posts
The best thing right off would be to try a different card,because typically artifacting is the fault of the card in your situation.

You could try different drivers or possibly lowering clocks or a new power supply but more than likely the card is to blame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actualy its not always like that and i dont have money to try diferent gpu, Today i updated drivers but yesterday was the same, psu its 500w when i checked i need only 300-400

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
You don't need 300-400W. You could easily run it on 150-200W, but you do need something of quality. So, telling us you have a "500W PSU" is completely meaningless as it could be junk quality.

As for the issue, it's likely the GPU. Downclock the GPU by 100-200MHz and see if the issue goes away.

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

As for the issue, it's likely the GPU. Downclock the GPU by 100-200MHz and see if the issue goes away.
Either this, or increase the volts a bit. THe GK106 chip is very conservative in terms of heat, a couple voltage bumps shouldn't heat it much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts