Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried overclocking my EVGA Superclocked GTX 980 and was able to get it at 1500Mhz boost and 1803Mhz memory. I then tried to get a better overclock but was not able to. I tried almost every possible combination of things but for some reason it would not go higher without producing artifacts. I have A LOT of airflow in my case so I do not believe it is overheating (plus the sensors don't say so either), I have my 4790k at 4.9Ghz and my RAM at 2400Mhz so I don't believe there are any bottlenecking issues. Oh, and after I tried all of these combinations to get a better overclock, I tried getting the first overclock (1500 boost, 1803 mem.) and it wouldn't produce artifact-free results. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I'm looking over? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
1500 is a pretty decent overclock man. I understand trying to keep pushing, but you might just not have a chip that can do it.

The fact that you cant achieve the same clocks after messing with isn't all that surprising. You've heated up the chip and the rest of the components and they won't perform the same as when they did cold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok, I was looking at the 3DMark Hall of Fame and I guess I forgot that those guys probably use like liquid nitrogen and stuff so I thought 1500 was kind of low haha. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKHolzer View Post

Oh ok, I was looking at the 3DMark Hall of Fame and I guess I forgot that those guys probably use like liquid nitrogen and stuff so I thought 1500 was kind of low haha. Thanks!
Yeaaaaa. Air is 1500s. Water is up to 1700s. Most everything else is extreme

1 - 4 of 4 Posts