Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well ive had this laptop for over a year now and i cant figure out whats going on with it.

Model: LG Xnote A1-PP01A9 running Win XP

1) The screen is completely white and it loads into windows i can hear the sound i just cant view the desktop as the screen is white.

2) How do you reformat and install windows on this laptop? as it has no CD-ROM drive only USB ports?

This is all i could i find on it.

http://www.lge.com/ca_en/support/pro...roduct-profile
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
 

·
Climbin' in yo windows
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
bad video chipset maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by brkbeatjunkie View Post
bad video chipset maybe?
Ive posted some picture i don't think its a bad chipset altho i could be wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuginu View Post
Mhmmm... Could you make a bootable USB drive into a virtual cd or somthing?
I have no idea if or how i can make a bootable USB device to reinstall windows, Im thinking maybe a virus or something harmful has deleted files or maybe it just needs a reinstall of windows.
 

·
Climbin' in yo windows
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
maybe a bad connector cable between the video and screen. at any rate it looks like a video issue to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by brkbeatjunkie View Post
maybe a bad connector cable between the video and screen. at any rate it looks like a video issue to me.
I took apart the laptop and disconnected all the cables and reattached them securely and it still does it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Oh snap, Thats your inverter. Basically what sends video to your screen. Its a small board. You can find a new one here http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/L...Inverters.aspx
My laptop brand and model arent listed on that website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaNe View Post
Alright well ive had this laptop for over a year now and i cant figure out whats going on with it.

Model: LG Xnote A1-PP01A9 running Win XP

1) The screen is completely white and it loads into windows i can hear the sound i just cant view the desktop as the screen is white.

2) How do you reformat and install windows on this laptop? as it has no CD-ROM drive only USB ports?

This is all i could i find on it.

http://www.lge.com/ca_en/support/pro...roduct-profile

Is the warrenty finished,?
If so.. shake the laptop hard and see any results lol(bad suggestion)
You can boot from a USB, in bios u can see a option for it,

BTW LGE is always been crap.
I had a DVD ROM of LG, it stopped reading DVD's before i i tried to play a DVD,
 

·
Overclocked by Jesus
Joined
·
4,751 Posts
Is it not cracked? Looks like a bad screen to me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by prabesh View Post
Is the warrenty finished,?
If so.. shake the laptop hard and see any results lol(bad suggestion)
You can boot from a USB, in bios u can see a option for it,

BTW LGE is always been crap.
I had a DVD ROM of LG, it stopped reading DVD's before i i tried to play a DVD,

Lol ill try shacking it


I know you can boot from USB in the bios but how on earth do you make a bootable/windows XP or even Vista USB drive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post
Is it not cracked? Looks like a bad screen to me...
Oh yeah its cracked but the crack has never affected the laptop before that crack happened about 3 months before this issue happened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Thats a broken LCD.

You need a new screen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Em1nenceFr0nt View Post
Thats a broken LCD.

You need a new screen
I know its broken but it never affected it before and i have another laptop with a broken LCD that my wife stepped on in her high heels and it still works fine and that happened over a year ago and its a Dell 15xx
 

·
Climbin' in yo windows
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaNe View Post
I took apart the laptop and disconnected all the cables and reattached them securely and it still does it.

My laptop brand and model arent listed on that website.
if its a failing cable then it wouldn't matter how many times you reattach it, but dude up there might be right about the inverter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by brkbeatjunkie View Post
if its a failing cable then it wouldn't matter how many times you reattach it, but dude up there might be right about the inverter
Thats gonna suck if it is the inverter.... not sure where i can get one for my laptop and install.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top