Overclock.net banner

Need help with Mac that doesn't startup

584 5
All of the sudden my Macbook Air decided to not start up as normal. I read this guide http://appletoolbox.com/2016/03/macbook-stuck-apple-logo-wont-boot/ but their methods doesn't help either. Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Data Recovery Engineer
24,801 Posts
Yeah... none of the offical apple stuff ever works. Do me a favor, turn on the system and immediately press command + v and hold those two buttons and the screen should turn black with white text. If you can post a video or a picture of the boot process and see where it hangs up I can try to figure it out from there.

· Data Recovery Engineer
24,801 Posts
That may work. Though I am suspecting something with his OS or file systsem. May be a failed hard drive even.

· Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post

That may work. Though I am suspecting something with his OS or file systsem. May be a failed hard drive even.
A failing hard drive is possible, so to check that boot into recovery mode (if possible) and open the disk utility from there you could check to see if the drive is still showing up

· Data Recovery Engineer
24,801 Posts
^^^ This.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.