Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin bought a Dell Inspiron mini 10 model pp19s. He got it thinking it was a mac, but buddy he got off of just used virtual ware (i think) and has a mac os on it..

My cousin wants me to put winXP but cant boot from network, tried using winflash to copy files from my xp cd onto my ipod (have no flash drive) but still didnt work..

Does any 1 know how i can get win XP on it... either thru network, using my ipod, or any method really even if i have to remove hdd and hook up to my computer

·
Registered
512 Posts
From my experience if you install on a desktop then put the drive back in it won't boot, though that could just be chance. Easiest thing to do is get an external cd/dvd drive, i'm using one right now to put Win7 on my notebook
but the netbook needs to have a boot from USB option.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has a boot from usb option when i hit f12 at post..

but ya external cd-rom was what i was affraid of gonna have to tell my cousin he will have to get 1 hehe..

thnaks anyways man..

if any one has any ideas on what else might work plz feel free to let me know.. will have his netbook for few days easy

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Externals are inexpensive.

Looks like the netbook has been Hackintoshed. Not sure why he'd want an obsolete install of XP, but then again, a Mini won't do any of the real versions of Win7.

Of course, you could put Linux on it, since Linux will do everything that machine is capable of anyways.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya man have to get few bucks together grab one sure will come in handy down the road.. He wants xp cause he isn't to computer savy and is familliar with xp.. tried pushing him onto win7 but he dosnt wanna take time to re learn everythin so to make him happy im just goin with win xp

·
Registered
852 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 420Assassin
View Post

ya man have to get few bucks together grab one sure will come in handy down the road.. He wants xp cause he isn't to computer savy and is familliar with xp.. tried pushing him onto win7 but he dosnt wanna take time to re learn everythin so to make him happy im just goin with win xp

Win7 makes everything in XP easier even monkeys can learn it ffs

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i tried tellin him that will run faster and all and that programs and no longer really bein made to run for xp.. but he has habbits that my avatar have ( im sure u know what that is cant really mention it here) so him trying to learn new things isnt always easy even when im there to explain everythin to him..

He is used to xp so will give him that make his life easier

1 - 8 of 8 Posts