Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just put together my new computer it has the Asus crosshair Formula IV mobo and a amd 1090t cpu

Now my problem is that on the mobo it were the led lights that shows if there is something wrong either... Cpu/ram/graphic card/hard drive ...the light next to the cpu is on...

now when i try to run my computer i get no video either on my vga monitor that has a dvi connector hooked up to it to the graphic cards... wich are dual ati 6950 .... and then i got a hdmi cord and hooked it up to my lcd tv and the tv does not get any singal..... now i trid both cards and the same thing....

So i called amd and they said that the motherboard bios need to be updated for it to work with the cpu? Now can this cause all the problem im getting?

i called asus they said that i can flash up mobo with a flash drive... but how can i flash it if i dont have any video to go threw bio screen? is flashing the mobo possible with out a screen?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Did you remember to connect the CPU power cable (8-pin connector near the CPU)?

There should be no need to flahs the BIOS to work with your CPU. I got my Crosshair IV Formula on release day and it recognized my 1055T out of the box.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19;11914940
Did you remember to connect the CPU power cable (8-pin connector near the CPU)?

There should be no need to flahs the BIOS to work with your CPU. I got my Crosshair IV Formula on release day and it recognized my 1055T out of the box.
lol ummmm.....yah i missed that one... lol i called asus again and the guy who i talked to knew more... what happen was that the liquid cooling kit i have is right next to the that power spot...and the tubing blocked it... so i did nto see it... i plugged it in and now the pc turned on!!!!!

but quick question i have a liquid cooling kit on the cpu when i booted up the computer on the frist screen it said cpu fan failed.... now is that becuase i dont have on plugged in? will it always say that because i have liquid cooling or did i screw something up?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddagger;11915462
lol ummmm.....yah i missed that one... lol i called asus again and the guy who i talked to knew more... what happen was that the liquid cooling kit i have is right next to the that power spot...and the tubing blocked it... so i did nto see it... i plugged it in and now the pc turned on!!!!!

but quick question i have a liquid cooling kit on the cpu when i booted up the computer on the frist screen it said cpu fan failed.... now is that becuase i dont have on plugged in? will it always say that because i have liquid cooling or did i screw something up?
You have to plug something(pump or fan) in your CPU fan header, otherwise you will always have that warning

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOSEFINI;11915493
You have to plug something(pump or fan) in your CPU fan header, otherwise you will always have that warning
Yup...another idea is that you can set the CPU fan to [Ignore] under the hardware monitor. I'm not in front of my system right now, so I can't say for sure if this works, but it may be worth a try.
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19;11915846
Yup...another idea is that you can set the CPU fan to [Ignore] under the hardware monitor. I'm not in front of my system right now, so I can't say for sure if this works, but it may be worth a try.
smile.gif
It does work
smile.gif

My waterpump is plugged into a molex adapter and nothing on my CPU fan header. I had to do the same thing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys got the new system up and going and loving it.. i just installed windows 7 on a 1tb hard drive in like 10 mins... wich is like omg for me.. cause my last pc woudl take about 45min to install windows xp...

but one thing when i pull up the properties on the computer system it shows that i have 8gigs of ram but says that only 3 is usabule ? umm woudl anybody know how i woudl fix that so i can use all 8 gigs?

oh and im running windows 7 32bit

·
Riding on the edge
3,271 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by baddagger
View Post

hey guys got the new system up and going and loving it.. i just installed windows 7 on a 1tb hard drive in like 10 mins... wich is like omg for me.. cause my last pc woudl take about 45min to install windows xp...

but one thing when i pull up the properties on the computer system it shows that i have 8gigs of ram but says that only 3 is usabule ? umm woudl anybody know how i woudl fix that so i can use all 8 gigs?

oh and im running windows 7 32bit

A 32 bit win7 can only use 3gigs of ram. You should be looking at the 64 bit version. It can use up to 128 gig if memory serves me right. But runs everything most folks need with 4gigs. That's it in a nut shell lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts