Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i bought a Barton 2600+, Abit NF7-S2G, and i have a stick of 512Mb Mushskin PC3200. First of all i made the mistake of buying the NF7-S2G instead of the NF7-S 2.0 . Im trying to get the FSB to be 200Mhz for 2300 Mhz and be stable. When i do this it always crashes on me. Can anybody help with OC?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i have increased the voltage by 14%, along with increasing the RAM voltage and LDT voltage which i am assuming is the chipset. I have tried many different combinations of voltages, but when i try to play games or sometimes just surf the web it crashes. I would also like to know if anybody has a good motherboard monitor program that would allow me to make voltage changes and monitor temps without having to go into my BIOS.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i think i got it to run stable at 2.18Ghz. I have the FSB at 190Mhz and the RAM is set to 8-3-3-2.5. The vcore is 1.84. The RAM is at 2.8, and the chipset is set to 1.728. i tried this combo with the FSB at 200Mhz and it crashed. Currently i have UnrealTournament running in the background the help see if this combination is stable and it has been running fine for awhile now. My CPU temp at full load is about 58C. Any ideas as how to get it to go any faster and still be stable?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

oh you have to lower your cpu's oc if your getting those kinds of temps look at upgradeing your cooling

Agree!!!
The Volcano 12 is a cheep answer, usually under $30. Cooler CPU = more FSB

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a ThermalRight ALX-800 Heatsink on it. I dont understand why my temp is so high though. Should i try redoing it or somthing?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
AS5 (Artic Silver 5) and use very little. Allow it to idle for 3 days and you will see the temps drop, then have at it.

You shouod check to be sure the FHS is sitting flat o the CPU too! May be part of why the high temps. Hope you have good case air flow too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts