Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I got my 5900x almost two weeks ago and since then I'm trying to tune and test it with corecycler, cinebench, occt memtest + sse and so on

So basically the thing is that I managed to optimize its voltage/frequency curve but I am not getting past 8350 sometimes 8390 score in cinebench and in AIDA64 I get 65-67 ns latency but the read/write digits are higher than with 3600 or 3800 mhz for example. I overclocked my crucial ballistix E Die ram dual rank from 3200cl16 to 4000 mhz cl16 1.45v SOC 1.175 LLC 4 ( with lower SOC LLC I get vdroop and I want it to be always as set in bios, didn't saw overshoot) + CPU LLC 2 and other adjustments in my motherboard's BIOS/ extreme tweaker ( the motherboard is a crosshair viii formula ) PSU is a Silverstone ST1500 so we've got plenty of power for the cpu to draw :)
The infinity fabric looks stable as I do not have audio dropouts anymore or audio stuttering, channel imbalance and so on.

I'm looking forward to your replies :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,477 Posts
If nobody else sees your thread. Ask here too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If nobody else sees your thread. Ask here too.

I will, thank you. Looking forward to some replies to my thread!

·
Premium Member
20,477 Posts
I will, thank you. Looking forward to some replies to my thread!
Like i said in the other thread, seek help in the DRAM Calc thread. Also, i set my Power mode at the middle. Not sure what cooler you have but only have a Scythe Fuma2 on mine and i get about same temp as yours in cinebench.

I used to get 8300 in Cine but setting the CPU priority and Affinity for that bench raised the score by a few points. Your CPUZ score is quite high, tho.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like i said in the other thread, seek help in the DRAM Calc thread. Also, i set my Power mode at the middle. Not sure what cooler you have but only have a Scythe Fuma2 on mine and i get about same temp as yours in cinebench.

I used to get 8300 in Cine but setting the CPU priority and Affinity for that bench raised the score by a few points. Your CPUZ score is quite high, tho.
here's what I've got with 3600 and using the settings in DRAM calc 1.7.3
from what I see the cpu frequency is still at 4.35 during cb20 instead of 4.55 as it is when using 4000 mhz, the latency is the same as 4000 mhz, but the read/write/copy values are lower. However, the L3 cache is the highest I've seen so far
My CB20 scores went up by around 40 points
CPU Z scores are exactly the same.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,477 Posts
here's what I've got with 3600 and using the settings in DRAM calc 1.7.3
from what I see the cpu frequency is still at 4.35 during cb20 instead of 4.55 as it is when using 4000 mhz, the latency is the same as 4000 mhz, but the read/write/copy values are lower. However, the L3 cache is the highest I've seen so far
My CB20 scores went up by around 40 points
CPU Z scores are exactly the same.
Your system is performing at par. I get 8300 pts when my RAM is set at 3200MHz. I would just lv it at whatever RAM speed is more stable. You got to monitor the RAM temp during normal use. Keep them under 45c.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your system is performing at par. I get 8300 pts when my RAM is set at 3200MHz. I would just lv it at whatever RAM speed is more stable. You got to monitor the RAM temp during normal use. Keep them under 45c.
it was performing sub-par but now it seems better.
I attached a image

Also, how can I monitor the ram temperatures?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,477 Posts
it was performing sub-par but now it seems better.
I attached a image

Also, how can I monitor the ram temperatures?
Nice. HWINFO64 should indicate the RAM temperature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts