Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To install a game i need to do this "Create a drive letter for your cdrom if you have not already. For each cdrom drive letter, click advanced, and set the drive type from automatic to cdrom."<br><br>
How do I do that?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
not quite sure what your talking about here but you be better of fwith cedega if you want to play windows games in linux

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My parents won't let me cuz it costs moneys

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what that means?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What it means? It means you need to give /mnt/cdrom0 (Or whatever) a letter from A to Z in wine for windows program compatability... LOL<br />
<br />
I am no help whatsoever.. I don't use wine. Just posting to say good luck I guess..

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
You need to run "winecfg" from your terminal. That will bring up a window in which you can make those changes. It should be pretty obviose once you get that far.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
^^What he said. Just type "winecfg" (no quotes) from the terminal. Once the setup window pops-up select the "Drives" tab and click on "autodetect" so it lists all available drives; click on the "advanced" botton to view more options for each drive. Just make sure you have a C: drive (the virtual drive Wine uses) and that you have a letter assigned to your optical drive (make sure it has "CDROM" as its properties and not something else like "Autodetect" or "Harddrive").

• Rep+
Reactions: BenHagerty

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot, I will try it now (I forgot about this thread lol!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts