Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought and put together the following rig:

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
Aspire X-Superalien 500W
AMD 3500+
6600GT PCI-Express
1 Gig of Geill Ram running Dual-DDR-yes i put the in A1 & B1 slots. leaving A2&B2 vacant.

I have put all the wiring and mechanical stuff together. When I do my initial boot, the monitor gets no signal from my computer. All the fans and everything else appears to be working properly. Just that the monitor gets no signal. It's not monitor error, b/c I'm using it now on another comp to type this message.

Any thoughts?

edit: Only run one vid card atm. Not trying to do SLI.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
hmmm Probably don't have another PCIe card huh? So you can't try another... hmmm Does it beep or anything?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
hmmm Probably don't have another PCIe card huh? So you can't try another... hmmm Does it beep or anything?

The computer starts up nice. everything appears to be running aight.

I also forgot to meniton that i'm running a WD 74gig 10krpm HD.

I want to play with this thing so bad

is it worth trying the vid card in the 2nd pci-e slot?

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spamination
Just bought and put together the following rig:

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
Aspire X-Superalien 500W
AMD 3500+
6600GT PCI-Express
1 Gig of Geill Ram running Dual-DDR-yes i put the in A1 & B1 slots. leaving A2&B2 vacant.

I have put all the wiring and mechanical stuff together. When I do my initial boot, the monitor gets no signal from my computer. All the fans and everything else appears to be working properly. Just that the monitor gets no signal. It's not monitor error, b/c I'm using it now on another comp to type this message.

Any thoughts?

edit: Only run one vid card atm. Not trying to do SLI.
could just be a dead card, but im not that savvy with sli is there a switch on the mobo/card to enable it? and if so is it on or off. is the card seated properly? or sometimes the vga connaction on the monitor does not insert properly to the graphs card (i had this prob when i tried to used my monitor on a friends rad9550 recently) --try the card in the 2nd slot

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Couldn't hurt, might be a bad slot. Most computers beep once on a successful POST, so there almost may be a problem else where. I don't know if the new ASUS boards have it, but the earlier ones had voice POSTing where it would tell you throug the onboard sound if there's something wrong. You can also give that a try and see if RAM/CPU is working correctly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai_Jao
could just be a dead card, but im not that savvy with sli is there a switch on the mobo/card to enable it? and if so is it on or off. is the card seated properly? or sometimes the vga connaction on the monitor does not insert properly to the graphs card (i had this prob when i tried to used my monitor on a friends rad9550 recently)

ugh i hope it's not a dead card. that'd suck donkey. I'd have to go through the run around of returning to PNY.

THe default, as i understand it, on this motherboard is to not run SLI. And the instructions state to insert the vid card in the upper(primary) slot. I've fudged with the connection multiple times, so I"m confident that's not it.

The PSU i got didn't have a 24 pin power cord, so i just ran to Frye's and got a 20-24 pin adapter...and that didn't resolve the issue.

I'm flumoxed.

edit: the fan does rotate on the vid card.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spamination
ugh i hope it's not a dead card. that'd suck donkey. I'd have to go through the run around of returning to PNY.

THe default, as i understand it, on this motherboard is to not run SLI. And the instructions state to insert the vid card in the upper(primary) slot. I've fudged with the connection multiple times, so I"m confident that's not it.

The PSU i got didn't have a 24 pin power cord, so i just ran to Frye's and got a 20-24 pin adapter...and that didn't resolve the issue.

I'm flumoxed.

edit: the fan does rotate on the vid card.
i had this prob with 2 of the three 9800pro cards i bought from FRYS...they are crap. it is most likely a dead card in my opinion. did you buy the card in store or online?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts