Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the deal , im trying 2 decide whether 2 buy 2 gig ocz ddr400 platinum 2-3-2-5 platinum (which is after rebate on newegg $195+-) or the ddr500 platinum 3-3-2-8 ($340) that anandtech says is prob. the best 2gb set on the market , prob is the first one looks 2 be like the platinum rev2 that i have now (1gb 2x512) absolutely amazing mem , i have it running at 265mhz or ddr530 with no prob. 2.5-4-4-8 ) and im afraid it wont overclock enough ! like the one i have now , i need at least something that does 260mhz any help is welcome !!
I do need 2 make decision today because the rebate ends tomorrow 01/31/06

·
Registered
355 Posts
2 gig sets generally don't overclock as well as 1 gig sets, 2 gig sets have really improved recently. But with the DDR500 you are guaranteed to get close to your desired speed at stock timings, where as a 68mhz overclock on a 2gig ram set may prove to be difficult.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ! that's the 3rd choice i was thinking about , they say that this gold version of ocz overclocks better than the new one (ocz gold gx ddr500) and is like $140 bucks less than the platinum.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
go with whatever you want, we are here just to give our opinions...I'm sure that set will perform to your expectations

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.