Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first time to try to build a pc and i got it all togather the one in my sig and win i turn it on the computer starts up but i dont get no picture on the screen i do have the pci-e cable hooked up to the card and the card does run the fan and all its a EVGA i have my ram in slot A1 and B1 and i have tried it in A1 and A2 still no go and i have the green light at the bottom of the board??? please i realy wona get it going ASAP

·
Registered
699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen

Hey guys this is my first time to try to build a pc and i got it all togather the one in my sig and win i turn it on the computer starts up but i dont get no picture on the screen i do have the pci-e cable hooked up to the card and the card does run the fan and all its a EVGA i have my ram in slot A1 and B1 and i have tried it in A1 and A2 still no go and i have the green light at the bottom of the board??? please i realy wona get it going ASAP

Did you connect the power plug to the card?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well... i tried it and a nother card and still nothing im fixin to go and have some one to look at it and make shure its all hooked up right and if it is i guess ill have to return it thanks for the help

·
Registered
341 Posts
what are the beeps that the system gives when you boot? Look up your Bios online and see what they mean. Might help with an explanation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
"sounds like some conflicts" probably. Yer runnin partions? Also, take it down to 512 in slots 1-4. Each time turn off monitor and pull your video card...if that don't work put in 512, (after cmos clr) vid card, plug cord back in and boot with your XP disk in the hole...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts