Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 20 machines of dell dimension 3000, I am upgrading their ram to 1gb, and I need the onboard Video driver for windows 7. I can not find anything online can someone help out?

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2142 View Post
I have about 20 machines of dell dimension 3000, I am upgrading their ram to 1gb, and I need the onboard Video driver for windows 7. I can not find anything online can someone help out?
shouldnt really need a driver for those i think, win7 searches in most cases for what it really needs on the web...

the intel page for those things just spits out that the xtreme gfx from them are no longer made and they dont support any os past xp

kinda bs but thats a very old chipset as well

• Rep+
Reactions: doc2142

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1helix View Post
Let windows download its own driver.
This doesnt always work, sometimes systems have weird unsupported drivers..Like my laptop for example...I had to use the xp driver(for my laptops soundcard) and run it in compatibility mode....it worked....kinda.

@OP Even though I just said that, have you tried to let w7 download the drivers automatically yet?

• Rep+
Reactions: doc2142

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the thing, W7 will not install it. It just says it can not find it.

Edit: I am doing this for a private school my uncle run and he was donated with some odd 50 copies of windows 7 and he wants to use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts