Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm looking to get a joystick to play Elite, Star Citizen, Flight Sim X, Arma 3, and BF3/4/whatever. I'd like a HOTAS setup. I currently have a Thrustmaster Hotas X, and I dislike it for various reasons, mainly due to extended comfort of way the throttle works in E:D, and the software won't allow me to configure the stick/buttons. My search seems to have led me to a Saitek 52/55 or a Thrustmaster Warthog.

I've seen/read so many conflicting reports as to build quality for all 3 of these units. So, I'm just kinda not sure where to go from here.

The Warthog stick is available at my local Microcenter for 199, but then I'd also need some throttle too. The Saitek 52/55 are the same prices as just the Warthog stick.

Please help, and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
63 Posts
X52 pro (make sure pro) is a good entry point for casual flying. Warthog is probably the best, but unless you are seriously simming a bit overkill

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
I managed to pick up a Warthog flight stick without the throttle for dirt cheap, and the Warthog throttle isn't ideal for 6DOF anyways, so I've been tinkering with making something of my own but none of my attempts really feel right, so now I'm eyeballing a CH Pro throttle to go with it, as it seems to be the best fit for a space sim without a bunch of other crap to get in your way. That and there are plenty of people saying they've been using the same CH throttles and sticks they bought 15+ years ago with no significant signs of wear and tear. That's just stupefying good Q.C. and build quality.

Can't recommend the Warthog stick enough, just try to get a chance to play with one for a few minutes before you buy. There are no ergonomic adjustments and it's a solid piece of steel, so if it doesn't fit your hand you're screwed.

Oh, and keep an eye on Ebay. Full brand new HOTAS warthogs seem to go for fairly cheap on there regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts