Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone tell me what the distance is (mm) from the top of the PCB to the top of the mounted CPU, on a LGA775 mobo ???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
you guys are all missing the point.
He wants the distance between the top of the PCB, the surface of the motherboard and the surface of the CPU, so the height of the socket above the motherboard.
I had a quick look on the Intel specs and couldn't find anything. You would be best measuring it yourself, all sockets are made to the same designs so should be the same distance.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
you guys are all missing the point.
He wants the distance between the top of the PCB, the surface of the motherboard and the surface of the CPU, so the height of the socket above the motherboard.
I had a quick look on the Intel specs and couldn't find anything. You would be best measuring it yourself, all sockets are made to the same designs so should be the same distance.
Its 4cm on my old gigabyte 915 motherboard. If its the same, then 4cm it is.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by feltadox1337 View Post
Its 4cm on my old gigabyte 915 motherboard. If its the same, then 4cm it is.
If I'm thinking right, it's not 4cm for sure. 4cm suggests that you have a socket that's about 3.8cm high. Not true.

He wants the height of the cpu above the motherboard. eg on this image the distance (HEIGHT) between the lettering '860' and the surface of the motherboard.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by feltadox1337 View Post
Well he has most of the answers, and if he wants whats you think he wants, its just over a centimeter. And if he did mean what you think he meant, well then all I can say is great minds think alike XD

No pun intended.
I just measured on my socket 478 motherboard, I know they aren't identical but the sizes are roughly the same (in terms of heights), that's less than 3mm tall socket only, around 5mm with the cpu installed.

It's nowhere near a centimetre.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
I just measured on my socket 478 motherboard, I know they aren't identical but the sizes are roughly the same (in terms of heights), that's less than 3mm tall socket only, around 5mm with the cpu installed.

It's nowhere near a centimetre.
Didn't have a ruler handy and approximated with sight, then 5mm it is, since the capacitors next to the socket are 5mm's too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts