Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with DEDICATED media keys (pause, next, etc...) not one where you have to hit the FN + ? to use them.
I don't know of many asides from some Corsairs. I don't care what brand they are or how expensive, just looking for some recommendations. Preferably with Blue switches, the corsair seem to all have Reds.

Any help is much appreciated!
thumb.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,005 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sadly, your only options are the Corsairs and the Logitech G710+, neither of which are equipped with MX Blues...and that's about it. You could consider TwoCables' suggestion above or get a keyboard with macro keys and set the macro to be media keys.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
or use autohotkey, very simple and powerful macro program ( and its free! )

No more pushing Fn+key for media keys, and opens you up to any mech keyboard you like, even if it does not have media keys you can still use the program to make the keyboard have some.

Dedicated media keys are kind of a marketing gimmick that companies push to make themselves sound better than all the other brands.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

or use autohotkey, very simple and powerful macro program ( and its free! )

No more pushing Fn+key for media keys, and opens you up to any mech keyboard you like, even if it does not have media keys you can still use the program to make the keyboard have some.

Dedicated media keys are kind of a marketing gimmick that companies push to make themselves sound better than all the other brands.
I tried that once, but I found it to be too complicated for what I was trying to do. I mean, SharpKeys was significantly easier to use - especially when all I wanted to do was set up the following functions:

Volume Up

Volume Down

Mute

Prev

Next

Play/Pause

Stop

I mean, seriously: SharpKeys does all of this with extreme ease. I don't have to fool around with a script or anything else. I just configure it (which is extremely easy), log out, log back in, and I'm done.

I can upload a video to YouTube of me doing this if you want.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterist View Post

Sadly, your only options are the Corsairs and the Logitech G710+, neither of which are equipped with MX Blues...and that's about it. You could consider TwoCables' suggestion above or get a keyboard with macro keys and set the macro to be media keys.
WHAT? corsair K70 dosn't come with Mx Cherry Blue?

http://www.corsair.com/se-fi/gaming-keyboards/vengeance-gaming-keyboards (cherry mx blue,brown and red are the only option)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use a DasKeyboard 4 with MX Browns (you also get Blues) and have enjoyed it for the last eight months. The keyboard has dedicated media controls and a nice metal volume knob.

http://shop.daskeyboard.com/products/das-keyboard-4-professional/

I also daily drive a DasKeyboard 3 with Reds at work and much prefer the Browns for day to day use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts